Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:09 PM

155 posts, read 334,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Pizza is my specialty, but who can resist great tacos

I had three HS soccer kids with me, and they were all impressed. I need to get back to Chatty for some more soccer and tacos
Our favorites for pizza are either Jet's Pizza (but it's a chain, if that's a detractor) and Lupi's (especially since they use local ingredients). Would be interested if you or anybody else has any other picks though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
I think I tried Lupe's before, and that was really good. Do they have more than one location? I seem to remember a place near Ringgold

Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I think I tried Lupe's before, and that was really good. Do they have more than one location? I seem to remember a place near Ringgold
Not sure about Ringgold. According to Google Maps there's the one on Broad St. (downtown) and then one off of East Brainerd Rd. (east of I-75, towards East Brainerd).

Old 04-29-2012, 08:11 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
It was Tony's - apparently closed now.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,239,323 times
There are Lupi's in Downtown Chatt, East Brainerd, Hixson, and way out in Cleveland.
http://lupi.com/

Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM

8 posts, read 13,640 times
I had to sign up again after reading this thread. I love finding local eats in Chattanooga.

My favorite by far is Boccaccia on Broad. Authentic Italian, and probably the best tiramisu I've ever had and pretty mean creme brulee too. Their pasta is fresh, and you can tell as soon as it seemingly melts when you eat it. The atmosphere is great too.

Urban stack is another great place. I've always had the opinion about burgers that you can only season ground beef so many ways that it's boring, but Urban Stack is great. Their 3 pigs chilli they put on the North Carolina burger is killer. Their bananas foster milkshake is so good it makes you not want to leave. (Honorable mention to Tubbys. Been going there for years).

For BBQ I like to go to Sugars. Hands down. Bones on East Brainerd is more convenient to my house, though, and I love the family atmosphere there.

The best steak I've had in Chattanooga was easily at Porters. Absolutely amazing. My grandfather always told me if you have to put sauce on a steak, it wasn't done right. I've always stuck to that belief, but the mustard sauce at Porters is like liquid gold. I can't help but use it.

For sweets:

City Cafe. Their cakes and pies come from a place in Atlanta, and are soooo good.

Southern Stars warm banana pudding is great with nutmeg on top.

Food Works has the best creme brulee I've ever had.

Aunt Effies in Ringgold has a peach cobbler I've been eating since I was very young.

I'm still exploring as much as I can. I try to find places that I normally wouldn't see or find. I don't mind paying for good food, especially if it's local. If you guys can think of somewhere this thread hasn't previously mentioned, please chime in.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM

10 posts, read 11,990 times
FoodNut! I am a creme brulee fan and very thankful you mentioned two places to try! Also loved City Cafe....naturally I was unaware their cakes and pies are imported all the way from Atlanta! (ha!) Good stuff! My husband and I will definitely try Boccaccia too! Our family makes our own pasta but to find a tirimisu to be happy about is wonderful! I'm with you about willingness to pay for good local food! Keep us posted and if I happen to find something I will post it too! Buon appetito!

Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM

10 posts, read 11,990 times
Oh! I almost forgot....where is the good cannoli????

Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM

8 posts, read 13,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethenoog View Post
Oh! I almost forgot....where is the good cannoli????
I had a pretty good cannoli at River Street Deli believe it or not. I've seen it on Provino's menu too, but I never have the room left for dessert when I'm there lol.

I also forgot to throw Hennans out there. I had a killer filet with sauteed asparagus this weekend, and my wife got beignets for dessert. I got a chocolate lava cake. They were both really good, but I was jealous of her beignets.

I got very interested in cooking about 4 years ago. I want to get some better cookware and when I move again I want a gas stove. If you're into cooking meats, and various kinds, Greenlife (Wholefoods) downtown has about anything you could ever want. I bought a 7.5lbs brisket there about a month ago and smoked it. I was very proud of how it turned out, but the quality of the meat was the main ingredient so I couldn't give myself too much credit.

I better leave this thread alone, or I won't stop lol.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodNut View Post
I also forgot to throw Hennans out there. I had a killer filet with sauteed asparagus this weekend, and my wife got beignets for dessert. I got a chocolate lava cake. They were both really good, but I was jealous of her beignets.
We were pretty disappointed in Hennan's. The food was fairly good, but the prices (for what you get) are over the top. In some cases, that's made up for in ambiance or service. However, here the atmosphere was only decent, nothing special (what "upscale" restaurant seats guests RIGHT next to the kitchen where servers are constantly hustling past your table?), and our service was very impersonal and condescending. Again, the food was good, so I'm not trying to just completely unload on Hennan's here (and I have actually been to worse for my money), but I can name several other restaurants I'd rather go.

To each their own, though, just adding my review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga