Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,409 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My name is Angela and my soon to be husband and I are looking to move to Cleveland in about 6 months. He has applied and took his first test with VW this past week. We already have the house we are purchasing with 7 acres out on S. Horton Rd.

We currently live in MD. I am a Reiki Practitioner and Hypnotherapist. We want to begin partially homesteading with our land there. When we drove around we saw a million christian/ Baptist/ Church of God/ Assemblies of God establishments. We are Universal and would like to hook into a fellowship that is not any particular religious affiliation. Is there anything like that in Cleveland or Chattanooga?

Also any ideas on where I could find employment in my field? Has anyone heard of Stillpoint?

I would appreciate any advice or possibilities that maybe I have not seen know about that I could tap into prior to our move.

Thank you so much in advance.

Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM

41 posts, read 101,485 times
I'm not familiar with Reiki specifically, but there are a few alternative health practitioners in the area that I've heard about... by "alternative" I mean acupuncture, integrative medicine, and things like HypnoBabies for childbirth. We haven't moved down yet (1 month to go!) so I'm definitely not an expert on the area but I have been researching online a ton. There is a group called Chattanooga Green Moms and that's where I have heard of the "hippie"-type things like that

Good luck to your husband on the job! My husband just got into the Automotive Mechatronics training program at the VW Academy. We are very excited.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,409 times
Hi bravissima82,

So your moving in a month? Where to? We are not familiar with that training program at VW what is it exactly? Should eric look into that as well do you think? If you PM me I will give you my email maybe we can keep in touch. Do you all have children? Where are you relocating from?

Ang

Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM

41 posts, read 101,485 times
Yep, we are supposed to be closing on a house and moving by the end of this month. We are moving to Harrison, the area we will be in is almost halfway between Chattanooga and Cleveland (a little closer to Chattanooga)

This is the training program - it's through the VW Academy & Chattanooga State Community College Chattanooga State | TTC | Mechatronics It's a good fit for my hubby because he doesn't have much experience in that area, so he wouldn't be able to walk in and get a job there, but he is very interested in doing work like that so it's awesome they have the opportunity to get hands-on training there.

I'll PM you!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,445 times
There is a UU church in Chattanooga. We will be moving to Cleveland very soon, possibly nexmonth but for sure after tax time. I lived there as a teenager about 10 years ago and my Dad hs lived there for years. One of my brothers has lived there for about 2 years and has had a tough time finding like minded friends. He says that many people are very pushy regarding faith and what they believe in and are unlikely to be open minded about anything alternative to the "norm". I will let you guess what that is. It must be intense for him to say that because we are from Western KY! Have you found any resources yet? I would love to know what they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga