Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM

137 posts, read 277,118 times

Advertisements

I am coming from Tulsa to see if Chattanooga is THE place to live. We think so, but this time one of us (me) is gonna go see in person. And our second choice is Maryville and I'll go there too.

I need to know if Chatt Inn on 2000 East 23rd is a total dump, don't be a single female alone there, or is it a good enough for a weeks stay, it is cheap.

If that isn't so good, can you recommend a place for me to stay. It doesn't HAVE to be in Chattanooga, I don't mind driving in to Chattanooga everyday to explore.

I'd like to come in a week or two so all advice is welcome!

Or have you ever rented a room in someones home, like these people rent out their space?
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Chattanooga...10%2F26%2F2012

Last edited by TULSA2ABQ; 10-12-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 PM

249 posts, read 654,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
I am coming from Tulsa to see if Chattanooga is THE place to live. We think so, but this time one of us (me) is gonna go see in person. And our second choice is Maryville and I'll go there too.

I need to know if Chatt Inn on 2000 East 23rd is a total dump, don't be a single female alone there, or is it a good enough for a weeks stay, it is cheap.

If that isn't so good, can you recommend a place for me to stay. It doesn't HAVE to be in Chattanooga, I don't mind driving in to Chattanooga everyday to explore.

I'd like to come in a week or two so all advice is welcome!

Or have you ever rented a room in someones home, like these people rent out their space?
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Chattanooga...10%2F26%2F2012
That place on E. 23rd St is definitely in the hood. It's a pretty scummy area, drug deals, prostitution, ect.

There are 2 places I'm familiar with that are extended stay. One in Hixson, HomeAway at 1949 North Point Boulevard Hixson, TN 37343, 423.643.HOME or 1.800.598.4859

Alternatively, there is one Near Lee Hwy. It's not the super-nicest neighborhood, but I don't imagine you'd have any issues there: Extended Stay America - Chattanooga - Airport 6240 Airpark Dr., Chattanooga, TN. 37421 (423) 892-1315

Both of these would be 10-15 mins to downtown and are reasonably close (<5 mins) to large shopping areas.

There are a couple more, but they are farther out. I am familiar with one in my town of Soddy Daisy, but its about a 20 minute drive to downtown and only is close to the basics like Walmart and fast food.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:47 AM

Thank you very much. That is why I come here to ask. The reviews on a different website makes HomeAway sound very bad. People write far more negative reviews when anything is under 70 a night it seems.

Oh, please tell me about farther out ones to. I'm going to leave my room, explore Chatt and not be back until I'm finished for the day. Soddy Daisy is a popular place for people to live near but not in the city I've read. So please add any more you have!

Thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Thank you very much. That is why I come here to ask. The reviews on a different website makes HomeAway sound very bad. People write far more negative reviews when anything is under 70 a night it seems.

Oh, please tell me about farther out ones to. I'm going to leave my room, explore Chatt and not be back until I'm finished for the day. Soddy Daisy is a popular place for people to live near but not in the city I've read. So please add any more you have!

Thanks
Well there are a dozen or more hotels on Shallowford road at I-75. I'll let you sort through all those. They are directly adjacent to Hamilton Place Mall and about 15 mins from downtown. There are also a few at Bonny Oaks Drive and I-75, just 1 exit north of Shallowford Rd. There are quite a few in East Ridge, at Ringgold Rd (Exit 1 on I-75) but most of the extended stay places there have a bad reputation for bedbugs and meth cookers.

The only one in Soddy Daisy that I would stay at is the Hometown Inn at US Hwy 27 and Sequoyah Access Rd.

I'm not too familiar with stuff on the east side of the river, i.e. Ooltewah and Collegedale so maybe someone else could chime in.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 PM

What about this one?

Blank

It looks nice, has anyone had a looksee?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
What about this one?

Blank

It looks nice, has anyone had a looksee?
I'm not familiar with it, but there is nothing wrong with that area, so it should be fine as long as there are no meth cookers or anything there.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 11,249 times
Well--I have personal experience with the StayBridge Suites off of Shallowford Road near Hamilton Place Mall. Nice, clean rooms (some suites). Lots of parking. LOTS of shops/restaurants nearby. Serve free breakfast and dinner daily (dinner is Monday-Thursday) that is fairly decent, and the staff is nice (some more helpful that others). It is pet friendly also. Only major complaint is the traffic leaving the hotel in the afternoons and weekends. Just my 2cents

Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellidodeclare View Post
Well--I have personal experience with the StayBridge Suites off of Shallowford Road near Hamilton Place Mall. Nice, clean rooms (some suites). Lots of parking. LOTS of shops/restaurants nearby. Serve free breakfast and dinner daily (dinner is Monday-Thursday) that is fairly decent, and the staff is nice (some more helpful that others). It is pet friendly also. Only major complaint is the traffic leaving the hotel in the afternoons and weekends. Just my 2cents
This sounds excellent. I didn't notice before with the price about the free breakfast and dinner part week. This is a good value!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 11,249 times
Quote:
This sounds excellent. I didn't notice before with the price about the free breakfast and dinner part week. This is a good value!
Glad I could help. Another tidbit--free cookies and coke/beer to accompany that free dinner (monday-thurs). Really a great value. If you are staying longer than a few days, be prepared....breakfast is always the same with a few changes....but it's FREE (well included in the price of the room)! Also, free laundry facilities and a pool (which I have yet to use). Overall a great value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga