Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM

13 posts, read 61,999 times

Advertisements

Hi Frozen Tundra,
As far as our property taxes they are wonderful compared to what I paid in Wisconsin. Our sales tax is very high here. Where in Georgia it is'nt. Also Licence Plates in Georgia is according to what your vehicle is worth so that is expensive. Where here in Tennessee they are cheap. And you will want to do your homework cause all the counties are different on their property tax. I know Hamilton county is alot higher then Bradley county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM

Frozen Tundra,
You can always go into Realtor Sites and look at property and do some comparing also. I know I had some problems at first about insurance being higher here on home and vehicles but thats the old game shop around and I am very happy about that also. So in all I am happy here I just miss my daughter and grand daughter and my friends. If you have anyother question I will be gald to try to help.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM

82 posts, read 244,600 times
That does make sense to me. Hamilton Co seems to boast a pretty good school system. That is important to us. Although I will be leaving my career on a pension, I still have rather young children, so schools are aa big deal to us. Do you suspect the tax rate to jump on Signal Mountain with the coming new highschool being built?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 AM

What I read they are already paying higher taxes so the school would be built. So as far as an increase in the taxes they already have I would say no to rising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga