Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 7,415 times

Advertisements

I found the below link:
TN Comptroller of the Treasury - Division of Property Assessments - 2006 Property Tax Rates (http://www.comptroller1.state.tn.us/PAnew/LR.asp?W=06 - broken link)

Background:
I'm currently living in Georgia and own my own S-Corp business
in Georgia. I'm looking to move to the Chatt area and have some questions.

I basically understand how to read the linked chart but tell me the difference in the city/county numbers, please? I'm simply trying to find tax differences in different areas. For example I have looked at homes on MissRidge, off Germantown Road, Lookout Mtn, N. Chatt and St Elmo.

A few other things I have an understanding of (I think) from the archives on this forumand would appreciate comments and/or corrections. Thanks.

- Georgias AV prop tax is at 40% of FMV, TN is at 25%. Correct?
Any homestead exemptions?

- I will be meeting with my CPA to also discuss all these, but I understand
if I live in TN but continue to work/own a business in GA then I would no longer pay GA "personal state taxes" but TN state taxes which there is none. I understand I will still have associated GA business taxes.

I guess this is all for now but will more than likely have more questions soon.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Smile Welcome

WELCOME D.S. : Dont have all accurate answers for ya, but state income taxes are usually from the state where wages are earned. Anyhow back in N.E. people living in Conn, worked in New York, paid N.Y. taxes.
.No real Homestead here in Tn, similar to the $25k in Florida. Believe each town has their own milage, or assessed rate. North Hamilton co on a new 1,500 sq ft home, acre lot, non waterfront , total around $1,000/year everything. payable by Feb 28th.
. Down close to the city of Chatt there is also additional city tax.
Again ,Welcome, have plenty of water in river , if you enjoy boating.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
County rates:
Current Property Tax Rate

City rates:
City of Chattanooga

We are @ 25% and NO state taxes yeah Here's a great site that gives you the value of the home you are looking at and the current taxes (county and/or city) paid on that property:

tnrealestate.com home page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga