Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM

55 posts, read 66,566 times

Advertisements

Good Morning: I am looking for insight for a possible move to TN and trying to figure out the right area. I am a single Mom of 2 boys (8 & 15) I recently packed up and moved from IL to Oregon..we did not know a soul out here in Oregon, I left behind a really good job and family..I do not regret leaving but after being here on the coast for almost a year my parents have both experienced some health issues. My mom lives in IL but plans to retire in TN in about 4 years although she hasn't yet decided where exactly and my Dad lives in Louisiana. I had been through TN a couple times and loved it so I am thinking I might want to relocate there for myself and my kids to be closer to them. Before moving to Oregon I was manager/bartender for 15yrs, I was able to find work here on coast pretty quickly and got promoted within 4 months to manager so I don't want to walk away from another good job to the unknown. The main problem here on coast is housing it is incredibly expensive and with only having my income with no child support it is almost anxiety inducing to think of house hunting here. Another issue that I didn't think would be an issue but turned out to be was having amenities, I have to drive almost 2 hours to get to any kind of descent shopping, it is very isolating out here on coast so I don't want to get back into that issue but I also don't want to live in a huge city so I am looking for a safe, affordable area that I wouldn't need to commute an hour to be able to find a decent job, I am not a stranger to working 2 jobs I will do what I have to to survive. I was looking at maybe suburbs of Knoxville or Chattanooga but not sure which would be a better area for someone like myself and my kids. Any thoughts on places I should check into OR places I would need to completely avoid would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga