Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 09:07 PM

5 posts, read 3,679 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
My family and I traveled to Chattanooga last week for Spring Break. We came with the intention to really scope the area and look at some houses.. however, we traveled from IL (about an hour from chicago, in a town of about 17,000) with four little girls 6 and under. We didn't get much done! haha. We plan to travel back on our own this summer. I am a teacher and my husband sells CNC machines, we really want to build a home but our budget is about 250,000. Are there any areas you recommend at this budget? Best areas for young families (good schools, family oriented town)? Also... are there any builders you recommend? I truly appreciate any help and insight I can get. WE LOOOOOVE CHATTANOOGA, and we are ready to move and raise four little 'southern belles' in Tennessee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,105 times
Smile I-75 region.

WELCOME, good news about your visit... Hamilton county expansion has been in full gear at least last three years.... i would say husband business territory would be along the I-75 region.. N.E. of the actual downtown region of Chattanooga... The large business park of Enterprise South , VW complex is here,,,, Newer towns of Ootewah is family , schools, etc.

Also the city of Cleveland into Bradley county is very religious & should be your family region.....Sales region towards Knoxville would also be territory for Husband.. IMO

Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Thank you so much for the valuable insight. We are so excited to head back and really focus on a specific area.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Any other locals with insight?

Old 04-10-2018, 02:17 PM

57 posts, read 65,356 times
The real estate market here is particularly hot right now so finding a place with space enough for you and 4 children at that price will be a challenge but not impossible. Given your budget, I'd expect you to be able to find something in the East Brainerd, Ooltewah, Harrison, Hixson, or Red Bank areas. I can't advise on quality of schools in each of those areas but they are nice.

As another poster said, if Chattanooga proper is not a requirement then Cleveland/Collegedale/McDonald area could be a great place. It's somewhat (in my book, quite) rural and slow/quiet but that may be just your style. Things are eminently affordable out there so it just depends on where you're having to go to work every day.

Do you have any idea where you and your husband will or will NOT be working? The traffic in Chattanooga is (or can be) absolutely MISERABLE so I'd recommend being very deliberate about where you live given your expected commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga