Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 11:41 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I am looking for recommendations for an over the top steakhouse in the area. Closer to Cleveland, TN the better. I inadvertently committed a major social faux pas to my niece (totally by accident) and I've already spoken to her and we are good but I want a different memory to hit her when she thinks of me now. I want to send her (and her husband) to a great restaurant in the area. They live in Cleveland.

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me that some place is too high $$ for what you get.. I want over the top. I have looked online at Bridgeman's Chophouse and not much more as yet. Her husband is a grill-master and loves a great hunk of meat and can quickly distinguish between a great cut of meat and a mediocre cut so, something good. But with a bit of atmosphere also... not too stuffy.
If a cigar bar is attached, all the more better.
(I did a quick search in the forum but got some old posts where the links weren't even valid anymore)

Thank you for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 01:11 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,497 times
Bald Headed Bistro would have been a slam dunk, but COVID has caused it to close permanently.

So, among the ones where I've eaten:
Ruth's Chris Steak House (Hamilton Place at the Embassy Suites Hotel). When I want to treat someone, I can always count on the quality of Ruth's.

Firebirds on Gunbarrel. Had a very nice filet there. It's been a couple years though.

J. Alexanders on Hamilton Place Blvd. Always do a good job, but you need to be specific how you want your steak cooked or else they'll tend to undercook it.

Rodizios downtown at the Holiday Inn on Chestnut.

I can vouch for all the above, and they have their dining rooms open.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:48 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Bald Headed Bistro would have been a slam dunk, but COVID has caused it to close permanently.

So, among the ones where I've eaten:
Ruth's Chris Steak House (Hamilton Place at the Embassy Suites Hotel). When I want to treat someone, I can always count on the quality of Ruth's.

Firebirds on Gunbarrel. Had a very nice filet there. It's been a couple years though.

J. Alexanders on Hamilton Place Blvd. Always do a good job, but you need to be specific how you want your steak cooked or else they'll tend to undercook it.

Rodizios downtown at the Holiday Inn on Chestnut.

I can vouch for all the above, and they have their dining rooms open.

Thanks much!
I know Ruth's Chris is usually pretty good but I def don't want a chain that they've been to before. Wanting something high level that they've most likely never been to.
I will definitely look into those you've mentioned!

Last edited by JMT; 09-14-2020 at 08:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga