U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM

390 posts, read 1,170,757 times
Oops forgot to look! Looks like it is a folk/soul/blues/r&b singer from Texas, Ruthie Foster. The opening act at 7 is Leticia Wolfe. Here is a link:
nightfall :: july (http://downtownchattanooga.org/nightfall/july/ - broken link)

So glad you had a nice first day! You didn't mentioned our little penguin crew at the aquarium Our little one loves the penguins! I believe that the freshwater side is or used to be the biggest freshwater aquarium in the country. Did you get to see the sea otters, or were they sleeping? The ocean side is nice for our size town, but I know there are bigger and probably better. Our membership was money well spent, given we have probably used it at least 10 times in 8 months.

See everyone Friday!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 03:34 AM

849 posts, read 1,994,419 times
MBM - Sounds like youhad a great day onc you got off of I - 24.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Chattanooga: Spill leaves drivers seeing red

We did the aquarium our last time also, and did the River Gorge Explorer - big boat, that was pretty cool also and you can get tickets at the aquarium. I agree pretty much with your assessment, liked the freshwater side better than the salt, but those butterflies were way cool, imo.

Speaking of otters, we got quite the show. They were all active, and one was swimming toward a rock face to the left of the exhibit and then would use his front arms to push off and do a back flip. Did it probably a dozen times while we were there.

My wife became enthralled with the freshwater turtles as there was one that just wouldn't leave another one alone. Other turtles would swim between this pair, and the aggressor turtle was locked on like a magnet to this one turtle, just pestering it constantly. They were probably brothers!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 AM

7,285 posts, read 14,054,973 times
Default I LOVE the otters!

Yes, the otters were up and about and very playful, gave quiet a show!
We actually stayed in that area for quiet a while watching. They are such little clowns/show offs hahahahhaa.
The penguins were really neat to see also. Only one was active and there was a large group of children in that room at the time so we didn't linger too long, we let the kids have their fun there.
I do have to say the jellyfish room at the ocean side was very cool.

Sounds like the concert will be lots of fun too, looking forward to it, my kinda music.

Off to eat a light breakfast so we can squeeze through rocks today.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 PM

2,350 posts, read 7,303,460 times
Hope ya'll are enjoying the trip so far. We'll see ya' tomorrow with bells on

Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,189,888 times
it's gonna be hot out there today! Better dress cool

Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 PM

21,643 posts, read 31,114,469 times
Glad to see you are having so much fun, MBMouse!

It's funny, because on the trip advisor website people have been saying for years that the Choo-Choo is kind of dated, and the employees are not that friendly!

I love the lobby, the fact that they saved it. We've passed through there and it is pretty nice, but if we were to stay overnight, I think I would stay closer to the river.

Try to take the DUCKS tour. It is fantastic!

I love Rock City but the locals say that Ruby Falls is not that great.

Anyway, I love having you tour the city and I can vicariously enjoy the trip through you!

<<Big Hugs!>>

Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Hey guys! Are we eating dinner together and then going to the concert? Or are we just going to the concert. Gotta figure out dinner for the little one

Old 07-19-2008, 07:15 AM

Hey everybody! Wanted to thank everyone for a very nice time last night. We really enjoyed ourselves, though we are sore from all the walking!
And mbmouse and family, thank you for the plant! What a nice welcome to our new home

Hopfully we will post a couple of pics soon....

Old 07-19-2008, 08:26 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,985,697 times
Cool Meet & Greet NightFall C.

Kids of ALL ages loved the "NightFall Concert" time in the city. Lots of NOISE, LOts of Water, Lots of Drinks, LOTS of Chattanooga neighbors driving Smaller Vehicles (??) to help out the nation with Gas supply crisis .!!
. Lots of nice Forum Members.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,303,460 times
OMG we had a blast! Thanks for letting us share your vacation with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga