Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 09:33 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,888,985 times

Advertisements

wow I really like the look of signal mountain... looks a lot like new england...do a lot of new englanders move to this part of Tennessee instead of middle TN - like Nashville/Murfreesboro area that does NOT look like new england..Seems here are more old trees in the Chatanooga area- is that true?

I just saw a really nice house...Fox Run? is that a subdivision? If so, what would the taxes be on say a 300k house? Houses with views are how much more expensive per sq ft?

How long does it take to get from Signal Mountain to the main shopping area of Chatanooga? Do the folks drive it everyday? Or are they somewhat isolated from the rest of the community?

Which is considered more desireable? Lookout or Signal? Where do the Blue Bloods live mostly? In Nashville they live in Belle Meade....

who most likely would be my neighbor up there? folks with a bunch of little kids? Lawyers? Retirees? Worker bees? Gardners on their knees? hey that rhymes!! ha!

Poet 12B! Thanks! I love TN and Chatanooga looks great...

thank you 12b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,618,049 times
Our area is not as flat as middle TN and it does seem cozier doesn't it?

For tax data, go to tnrealestate dot com, select Hamilton County, plug in the address and voila! You get both municipal tax (Signal Mtn) and county tax for that property as well as owner information, when it was built, how much they paid and all sorts of goodies.

Any property with a view or water can be very expensive here.

People come off of Signal Mtn ALOT. The mountain is just like any other suburb here only a little higher There are two ways down but only one I would drive every day. Do a search for the W road lol You can get off the mountain in a matter of minutes. You can do some shopping on the mountain and there are quite a few markets and grocers in Red Bank which is at the bottom of the mountain or you can drive across town to Hamilton Place Mall and other stores. Probably 20-30 minutes or so to the mall.

As far as more desireable, either Lookout or Signal will do. However the old money is on Lookout. You'll find all types up there but mostly with money so be prepared to get an SUV if you don't have one already

Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 PM

82 posts, read 243,608 times
Jkmewright,
Nice web site! That explains so much to me that I did not understand, as far as town tax and regular property tax. It also shows when the house was sold last and for how much!
Very informative. I must also agree about the charm of Signal Mountain. We hope to call it home next spring...I can't wait. My son played baseball tonight and it was freezing! All that talk about hot humid summers and warm evenings down there...it's 54 degrees right now. I can't wait for a warm summer night.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:11 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,888,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Our area is not as flat as middle TN and it does seem cozier doesn't it?

For tax data, go to tnrealestate dot com, select Hamilton County, plug in the address and voila! You get both municipal tax (Signal Mtn) and county tax for that property as well as owner information, when it was built, how much they paid and all sorts of goodies.

Any property with a view or water can be very expensive here.

People come off of Signal Mtn ALOT. The mountain is just like any other suburb here only a little higher There are two ways down but only one I would drive every day. Do a search for the W road lol You can get off the mountain in a matter of minutes. You can do some shopping on the mountain and there are quite a few markets and grocers in Red Bank which is at the bottom of the mountain or you can drive across town to Hamilton Place Mall and other stores. Probably 20-30 minutes or so to the mall.

As far as more desireable, either Lookout or Signal will do. However the old money is on Lookout. You'll find all types up there but mostly with money so be prepared to get an SUV if you don't have one already
thanks fro all that info - much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga