U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM

52 posts, read 136,921 times
Default Delano, TN

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have been looking for Amish communities to visit throughout TN and were told that there is one in Delano.

Can someone out there confirm what they know about the Delano area and what the Amish sell there. We have been to Amish communities in other states and find their products to be very reasonably priced and good quality.

Where are the other Amish communities located in TN??

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 AM

3 posts, read 25,237 times
Its actually Minities (sp) and they have baked goods and fresh organic vegetables and fruits. It is located on Hwy 411 in Delano between Benton and Etowah. Contact me if you want further on days and times.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:17 AM

3 posts, read 35,339 times
Default Organic Produce In Delano

Hello, This is my very first post... Is anyone from Delano? Or the closeby surrounding area? We are looking for a healthy living farmers market or a place where we can buy produce. Organic if possible. I read there is something near or in Delano. Can someone please comment? Also, is Delano a nice area?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM

6 posts, read 39,385 times
We have a farm in Cleveland and one off Hwy 163 (Bowater Road) between Hwy 411 and Hwy 11. Mennonite produce stand is good visit. Not sure if they are open Mon. thru Sat. Know there are no baked goods on Monday. First Sat. of each month there are animals for sale (mostly rabbits, chickens, a few ducks). Everything is grown by people in their group in the immediate surrounding area.

Delano is a nice rural area but can be "redneck" about some things. It is in the east TN mountains with mostly old time mountain families. Moonshine is still a cash crop back up in the hollers. I prefer areas closer to Hwy 11 so I'm half way between Cleveland and Athens for shopping, doctors, schools, etc. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 39,385 times
There is a HUGE Amish community just north of Lawrenceburg, TN (south of Nashville). It is "old order" Amish so not all there will talk with outsiders nor sell to you, but lots do. Great drive on dirt roads in the area to view that way of life. Watch out for buggies and bicycles on the roads. They won't talk to females and ladies should not really wear shorts or brief tops when walking around outside their car.

There is a community called Muddy Pond which is west of Clarkrange, TN. Most of the places in that community are more commercial to me.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:06 PM

626 posts, read 908,052 times
I love the Lawrence County Amish.

Expounding what Whaley said, the females there won't even look at visitors. My bed was actually made by a guy there. They don't sand their furniture or stain it, but the quality is top shelf.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 AM

3 posts, read 35,339 times
Thank you for responding! We hope to spend some time in the area soon and really like a quiet rural area. WhaleyBS we'll look for your farm stand if you have one and stop by to say Hi when we visit.. Would love to hear more about the area. Visited last Christmas time. Stayed in Cleveland. We lived in the Western part of TN for several years and now are looking to have a retreat in the east. Any info is appreciated.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 15,033 times
Smile Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlover View Post
Hello everyone,

My wife and I have been looking for Amish communities to visit throughout TN and were told that there is one in Delano.

Can someone out there confirm what they know about the Delano area and what the Amish sell there. We have been to Amish communities in other states and find their products to be very reasonably priced and good quality.

Where are the other Amish communities located in TN??

Thanks!
I live just a couple miles north of Delano. The amish come by here everyday going into town to Etowah...They no have a produce stand and sell produce there from April till November. They also sell animals and furniture. They sell the freshest produce. You can find it just of Hwy 411 between Benton TN and Etowah Tn. you can miss it look for the sign on the road that say Delano Produce . Also you can find it by turning on the road that goes to the Savannah Oak Winery...

Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 12,699 times
I've been told that I can get my Bible rebound by someone that is Amish in Etowah, TN. Does anyone out there have any knowledge about that? Thanks,

Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 11,449 times
Does anyone no the time and dates of the Amish market in Delano?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga