Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 PM

66 posts, read 220,821 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone out there that can give me information about the Ocoee Mountain Club master planned community? Their lot prices seem very reasonable, but I have always been a little wary of places willing to sell you a cheap vacation to get you to look at their area.

How do you pronounce "Ocoee"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 AM

10 posts, read 31,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsouth View Post
Is there anyone out there that can give me information about the Ocoee Mountain Club master planned community? Their lot prices seem very reasonable, but I have always been a little wary of places willing to sell you a cheap vacation to get you to look at their area.

Don't know anything about Ocoee Mountain Club, but we have an Ocoee here in Central Florida and we pronounce it "oh-KOE-eey"

Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
haven't heard about the Mountain Club, but Ocoee is a great place outside Chattanooga. Great river rafting and kayaking. Definitely not like the FL one!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsouth View Post

o co e
They don't high pressure you. It's a great please if you like hunting, fishing, hiking and the outdoors. Cleveland, Tenn. is about 10 milea West of Ocoee.

The development is slow doing what they say they will do but it is coming to past. They had their fingers in to many pies. Now their concentration is on this development.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,240,175 times
Just curious, but is the development east or west of the huge landslide that blocked Hwy 64?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:55 PM

340 posts, read 1,511,636 times
I'd be aware of what you are getting into. That area is lovely for sure, but very rural. Developers have been making a go of other similar communities and in some instances those communities are failing, big time. I'm not saying it is a bad idea if it is what you are looking for, but just be careful.

Take a look:

Sequatchie Pointe . . . failed: Chattanooga Times Free Press | Lawsuit seeks $13.5 million from Sequatchie Pointe developer

Rarity Club - failed: Maryville-based Rarity developer Mike Ross faces financial problems

These are two I know of that have had problems.

My advice in choosing one of these out-of-state marketed communities: be careful, and wait till its closer to being fully developed to put down money. People aren't buying random mountain property right now.

I have no idea where these subdivisions are going or if they will or will not be finished, but these developers buy up raw mountain land for nothing but need to sell lots to make it work, bring utilities, etc. Do yourself a favor and don't be a pioneer.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,020 times
Be very careful. This is a development bought by out of state developers who have several issues against them currently for this development...read for yourself in chattanooga times and polk county news. If you are interested in a nice piece of property that is stable and the people who own it are locals who live next to the development and are not "fly by night" check out waterstone which is located next to the hiwassee river. Honestly no other property compares to this one. Great mountain views, surrounded by mountains and on the hiwassee river. You can look them up waterstoneinfo.com.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,752 times
I own a lot in Ocoee Mountain Club. There have been some setbacks but I believe those are behind us. I just received word from the management company that the clubhouse is complete. That is good news for the residents.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,423 times
Always beware of Ocoee Mountain Club and Resort. Sewer moratoriums, no working fire hydrants, no decent internet...lots of run-off. HOA is terrible.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 AM

86 posts, read 112,092 times
I know that it is an old post, but that video of the rockslide is just amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga