U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,084 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I was recently given a court citation for reckless driving. My story: I was coming home from my girlfriend's house one night around 11pm and I came upon a wreck no less than a quarter mile from my own house. After stopping for the person directing traffic I was told to proceed, after proceeding I was whistled at by a county(Polk County) sheriff deputy(whom I saw holding a flashlight on the side of the road before I even got to him) and was told to stop. After stopping he asked to see my license and said that I was going too fast through the scene. After this his partner(whom I never saw until this point) came up to my truck and started yelling and saying that I came close to hitting him, quoting him he said "Had I been standing in a different position you would of hit me." Again I never saw this officer, I was paying attention, I wasn't texting or anything. He gave me a court citation for reckless driving. This ticket is my first ticket and I am 18, it is also only the 2nd time I have ever been pulled over(the 1st being for having a headlight out). So, I am asking for any advice anyone may be able to get me. I can't lie I am very upset/worried about this. Also, after being in contact with the Sheriff(whom my mom has been friends with her whole life) he told my mom and myself that he would accompany us to court and try to get it reduced to speeding.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 AM

603 posts, read 1,297,404 times
This is not the correct forum for this post, but you need to get a lawyer, no questions.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:21 AM

12,532 posts, read 18,217,120 times
I agree that this is not the appropriate forum for this post but sense the worry. My advice to you would be to consult an attorney. I wish you the best of luck and try not to worry. You sound like a nice guy and humble goes a long way with law enforcement and the court system. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga