Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,950 times

Advertisements

We currently live in the North metro Atlanta area and in the course of searching for a new job, I have found several great opportunities in the Chattanooga area. I am feeling kind of confident about my prospects there, and although my husband & I have visited Chattanooga numerous times, we don't really know anything about places to live, drive times to work, locations of hospitals, etc. I was wondering if some of you would mind offering your recommendations on a couple of key questions we have: Thanks, in advance for your help!

1. My eldery parents live with me and I'd like to get them a place of their own within an hour's drive of Chattanooga. Can anyone recommend areas that we could purchase for them a 1-2 BR single level older home or garden style townhome in a quiet area? We'd consider renting if there was a nice active senior's community somewhere...
I also would prefer that the home for my parents be fairly close to a good hospital since both have medical needs.

2. My husband and I will want to rent a 2-3 BR condo, older home or something that has lots of charm and activities within walking distance and say-- not more than 30 minutes from downtown in traffic. We'd be comfortable spending $1000 ish but could go higher if necessary. Any thoughts? We have a small dog who loves people, other dogs, outdoor activities but no kids at home anymore. Any great little doggie day cares in town? Know of any pet play parks?

If I am offered and take the position, we would move to Chattanooga in 90 days. Any help you could provide would be wonderful and feel free to ask of me the same should anyone be coming further South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
suggest you drive up and do some scouting around. if interested I can put you in touch with a rental agent (someone who specializes in locating rental property) best hospitals in area are located within city.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,676 times
Thumbs up Rt #153 - Red Bank .?

S.R: WELCOME New Neighbor . Cant say I've seen that screen name before. Must be a combo of nick names .?
. Yes Chattanooga secret is growing every week. Great Family Value / scenery / activities here. When you visit for neighborhoods, Rt # 153 west
side of Lake / river / dam sounds like a starting point. Red Bank / SignalMtn Road area has , condos , townhomes , rental,s hospital , Alexian Brothers (Religious) senior Care facilities.
. Just two weeks ago went with great helpful neighbor (TriDad) to the Grand Opening,with Mayor, of Dog park, in the North Chickamauga park, Quarry, paved bike path, that was just posted. #153 Hamill rd (New PUBLIX).
. Most of neighborhoods around Hixon , South Soddy are undiscovered GEM's.
County CHESTER FROST park, wonderful camping/boating / swim area with the fall county FAIR.
Keep in touch , Sorry for the Delay. ANYTHING else just ask .

Old 11-10-2008, 06:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,950 times
Thank you SO MUCH! I can't wait to come back and get to know the area a bit more. The screen name... well that's a really funny story which I'll make brief. Suffice it to say that one day, my little jack russell acted funny near the pool skimmer and when my husband went to investigate, lo and behold there was a LIVE RABBIT hanging on for dear life. That's where I got the screen name, Skimmerrabbit.

Again, thanks for the specifics and we will probably come up Thanksgiving weekend to spend more time in your beautiful city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga