Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,357 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband has been offered a job by the RTN TV station in Chattanooga. We are seriously considering it. We are now in Little Rock, AR. I have been lurking on this thread and doing some research on Chattanooga and I cannot find anything that I dislike about this city. I do have a few questions.
We recently adopted a 5 year old from China. Is their a Chinese New Year celebration or much of an Asian community?
What is the housing market like with the economy as it is now?
Any suggestions on nice, affordable neighborhoods?
What do you like best about Chattanooga?
Thanks,
A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,245 times
Thumbs down ASTHMA , .allergy ?

A; Welcome . There is a article on the front page of paper today noting not good news for ASTHMA sufferers. Chatt is rated 4th worst in the country.
Also your Little Rock ARk is rated 10th worse . Chattanooga Times Free Press | Chattanooga among worst for asthma
...Housing along the North portion of four lane parkway Route # 27 towards HIxon , etc be a starting point for housing & car commuting .

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Hi there!

As far as the Chinese New Year celebration and Asian population, I found these:

Chinese New Year Celebration at CDM | Chattanooga Has Fun 2.0

Chattanooga Tai Ji Community

Relocating to Chattanooga from California

According to the US census, the number of Asians in Chattanooga in 2000 was 2,400. It seems the number has grown, but I have no idea what it is now. THe diversity in Chattanooga is definitely increasing, as with everywhere.

As far as having a little one from China, you may find there are a lot of kids here adopted internationally. There are many families at our church who have, and even our 3-year old daughter's best friend and her brother were adopted from Haiti. I am basing this upon my own experience, but it seems to be quite prevalent with people I know.

We moved here 1 1/2 year ago and love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga