Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times

Advertisements

hey..we found a house in Red Bank... (http://my.videoegg.com/video/dMCQWN - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 05:06 AM

630 posts, read 2,432,070 times
Looks nice, did you get a chance to go inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
hey..we found a house in Red Bank... (http://my.videoegg.com/video/dMCQWN - broken link)

Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,245 times
Smile R.B. Good Location

T.D> Red Bank is a good central location. Can go in all 4 directions and find different stuff, from Shopping in Hixon, to downtown festivals / activities, or wexst for mtn hiking / picnic.
We SEE a happy camper doing lots of city stuff in only one day. Many people do not seek out a friendly church to help with re-locate questions and 2nd opinions.
ENJOY, our beautiful color trees / scenery this early spring/summer weather.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:27 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
Excellent! Glad you like your visit so far. Was this house a rental or for sale? I am enjoying seeing your excitement over our city!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:45 AM

we're being told the same thing about Red Bank. After living in flatsville (south florida) for 21 years, I really like the hills! My only regret is my wife not being here with me to see everything, but she's doing a good thing by taking care of her Mom out in Los Angeles.

btw, on a tip from a realtor we ventured up north of Soddy Daisy to look at a subdivision way in the middle of nowhere after being told it had everything we might be looking for (size,land,price). Here's a look at what we found (http://my.videoegg.com/video/dMCQqL - broken link) It really wasn't to our liking, and was very secluded.

thank you everyone for your input. it's a big help to have assistance while being in a new place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
T.D> Red Bank is a good central location. Can go in all 4 directions and find different stuff, from Shopping in Hixon, to downtown festivals / activities, or wexst for mtn hiking / picnic.
We SEE a happy camper doing lots of city stuff in only one day. Many people do not seek out a friendly church to help with re-locate questions and 2nd opinions.
ENJOY, our beautiful color trees / scenery this early spring/summer weather.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:52 AM

house was FSBO. We did not call to have a look inside. As tempting as it is...I think it best for us to rent first (6-12 months) if we're going to make the move. That way we can get a better feel for the town & surrounding areas and then make a better decision on where to buy.

I was told of apartments in Red Bank off Dayton & Mountainview (?) that run under $700/month for a 2/2 with 1400 sq feet. We currently live in a 3/2/1 house with 1500 sq feet paying more than double that and think it may be a smart choice to get a storage unit while we're renting.

on the other hand...I really liked that house we saw!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Excellent! Glad you like your visit so far. Was this house a rental or for sale? I am enjoying seeing your excitement over our city!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Wow, TriDad, this is incredible! I didn't care for the subdivision either, but that first video was great. I like the white house with the fireplace across the street. I want to move in!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
LOVE the videos! I agree, that subdivision was bland. We can do better than that lol I agree, rent first, get a feel and move on in. Very realistic. Can't wait to see your next report.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,513 times
I am so excited by the pictures and video he has sent me! Chattanooga is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait till we can make a trip up together.

Just do me one favor hon....Get some sleep tonight!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM

we love Hixson Pike !!!

video (http://my.videoegg.com/video/dMCWpP - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga