Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 PM

2 posts, read 18,027 times

Advertisements

Hello, my girlfriend and I recently moved to the Chattanooga area, we are in our mid 20s. We are currently living with my father until we can find an apartment. However, we have work in Chattanooga and college in Knoville. I know how great is that.

So basically we need to live in between, preferrably slightly closer to Chattanooga, but we are open for ideas. I was wondering if anyone knows of any fun, quaint, historic, pretty towns in this area of TN. An example would be Franklin, we found that to be a cool little town, but that is really far away.

We love the outdoors and the mountains but realize we are limited in the small corridor that we need to live in. We are not huge party people, but we are not retired either (no offense to anyone).

Thank you for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
http://www.city-data.com/city/Athens-Tennessee.html

I used google and asked for directions between Chattanooga and Knoxville and found this little town.

Athens is closer to Chattanooga, but Sweetwater is just about exactly half way between the two towns; but you know where you are talking about in these towns, so I suggest you go to google maps and ask for directions between the two addresses you are interested in and the map will show you the area between the two places and the name of the towns you will pass through.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Sweetwater-Tennessee.html

Last edited by NCN; 06-26-2009 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,397 times
I live between Athens and Sweetwater

Old 06-27-2009, 01:19 AM

7,539 posts, read 17,226,479 times
I agree that your best bet would be Sweetwater or Athens. Neither is like Franklin, though. Southern mid-east TN, from McMinnville over towards Athens, are sort of.... meh.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:54 AM

52 posts, read 182,187 times
Well depends there are two major ways to get from Chattanooga to Knoxville.

Interstate 75

and Highway 27 (then get on interstate 40)

If you want to be about an hour out each way Sweetwater is a good choice off the Interstate 75 path.

Spring City or north Dayton would be good off the Highway 27 path.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 18,027 times
Thank you for everyone's input so far. What does eveyone think of Cleveland? Is that a nice town?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 AM

52 posts, read 182,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spclk View Post
Thank you for everyone's input so far. What does eveyone think of Cleveland? Is that a nice town?

Yeah it's a nice place not very "inbetween" though. About 30 mins to downtown chattanooga and at least an hour to Knoxville.

You could also look at Lenoir City/Loudon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga