U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
hbc hbc started this thread

7 posts, read 44,679 times
Default crime in chattanooga?

Where's the places to avoid in chattanooga?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 PM

14 posts, read 51,989 times
the left side of brainerd road through the tunnels which is eastdale its also through the wilcox tunnel, east chattanooga avondale bushtown all that through the east, eastlake around 4th ave and other parts, alton park thats the southside right side of rossville blvd pinney woods alton park is the south end of broad st and market st turn into alton park blvd, highland park and glenwood is like the middle of chattanooga so pretty much all of chattanooga isn't a real good place to go, but you can go to like hixson and some parts of north chatt and its safe in red bank and soddy, but i go anywhere all the time you just gotta look like your from round here and you wont get your sh*t jacked, or what not.

oh yeah and the tourist part of downtown is straight till you get to 10th street or so

Last edited by Beretta; 06-06-2009 at 08:11 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 03:12 PM

603 posts, read 1,247,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbc423 View Post
the left side of brainerd road through the tunnels which is eastdale its also through the wilcox tunnel, east chattanooga avondale bushtown all that through the east, eastlake around 4th ave and other parts, alton park thats the southside right side of rossville blvd pinney woods alton park is the south end of broad st and market st turn into alton park blvd, highland park and glenwood is like the middle of chattanooga so pretty much all of chattanooga isn't a real good place to go, but you can go to like hixson and some parts of north chatt and its safe in red bank and soddy, but i go anywhere all the time you just gotta look like your from round here and you wont get your sh*t jacked, or what not.
Another false post. Crime is down in Chattanooga, and several of these areas, like Highland Park and Glenwood have very little crime to to very successful neighborhood watch programs and police presence. You have to be careful anywhere you go, but it seems the OP thinks all areas with black people living there are unsafe and that is not true.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:10 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,188,991 times
HBC, is there something (house/land/neighborhood) you are concerned about? If so, feel free to DM one of us and we can help you out in a more specific manner.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,106,659 times
there's a quarter missing from my dresser....should I report it?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:28 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,188,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
there's a quarter missing from my dresser....should I report it?
I know you are new to the area but around here but ya'll are in a pretty bad neighborhood so just let it go. It's best that way. Believe me.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:35 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,106,659 times
our neighborhood is ruled by a gang of feral cats who call all the shots

Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 AM

603 posts, read 1,247,732 times
I thought it was ruled by a drunk hillbilly??

Old 06-06-2009, 02:45 PM

5 posts, read 25,360 times
Default Yeah,

you have to be careful everywhere these days. But in Chattanooga its eastlake, the neighborhoods close to Erlanger Hospital, Avondale, Highland Park, Eastdale, Alton Park, East/North Chattanooga, theres just so many, and some are more dangerous than others. Its doesn't mean that if you got kin or friends livin' over there you get too scared to go into any of those places and just abandon your kin or friends.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM

626 posts, read 889,642 times
Specifically labeling the entire area of North Chatt dangerous is comical. In fact, I'd like to know any areas of North Chatt that are so scary and crime riddled they must be avoided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga