Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM

16 posts, read 44,584 times

Advertisements

Hi all ... my family and I will be moving to the Chattanooga area on June 1st for the hubby's new job. He's been up there working for about a month or so and I got to visit last weekend, it's absolutely beautiful btw! But while searching for housing and schools, we were at a loss. We went over to East Ridge & down to Ringgold, kind of in a loop ... If any could give me a better approach to this, I'd greatly appreciate it ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
What's your ideal location (suburbs, country, city, neighborhoods etc...)? That will narrow things down a bit. Also, what price range?

Glad you liked our area! You get to hit downtown and/or Coolidge park?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,013 times
email me and I can help you out and relieve some of the worries. Have a great day

Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
What's your ideal location (suburbs, country, city, neighborhoods etc...)? That will narrow things down a bit. Also, what price range?

Glad you liked our area! You get to hit downtown and/or Coolidge park?

We'd like the country-ish suburbs ... if that makes any sense clean, quiet ... no railroad tracks, if that's possible ... and close to a good school. He'll be working up on Shallowford Road ... if that helps any ... ??? ...

I didn't get out much to visit, but we drove around all weekend and have lists of stuff we want to do with the girls when we get settled It's going to be nice to have actual life around us!! Hattiesburg is a quiet little town, but there's nothing stimulating to do around here unless you're up for a road trip ... ... LoL! Needless to say ... we're looking forward to it!!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 AM

Hey Blue, you may want to check out Ooltewah/East Brainerd/Collegedale/Apison areas. We have a new school going up in that area and the existing ones are good. That is a congested area and w/all the new construction it will get worse before it gets better and there are r/r tracks involved in some areas. However, Ooltewah will offer nice new suburbs for your family environment and you may luck out and get a home closer to the interstate. Harrison Bay is nice as well and travel is decent. There is always the option of North GA but GA does have a state income tax so.... These are areas in the vicinity of Shallowford so at least you have a starting point. We do have much more to offer! I live in Brainerd/East Ridge and we love our area but it's definitely NOT country suburbia lol

Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM

I wish this forum had a thanks button ...

THANKS for the help!!! I'm off to search!!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:38 PM

63 posts, read 183,967 times
Default East Ridge

As a transplant from California to East Ridge, I am sure that I can help you with any info you might need on this move. The area of East Ridge is a great place to live if you are starting out. It is centrally located and an easy shot to downtown and the Shallowford (mall) area. Ask me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skye View Post
Hi all ... my family and I will be moving to the Chattanooga area on June 1st for the hubby's new job. He's been up there working for about a month or so and I got to visit last weekend, it's absolutely beautiful btw! But while searching for housing and schools, we were at a loss. We went over to East Ridge & down to Ringgold, kind of in a loop ... If any could give me a better approach to this, I'd greatly appreciate it ...

Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Hey Xina, I am just across the freeway from you in Brainerd. *Waves*

Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Have you looked at Soddy-Daisy? That's a VERY quiet, "country" type suburban area. Downtown Chatty is a straight shot up 27.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM

63 posts, read 183,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Hey Xina, I am just across the freeway from you in Brainerd. *Waves*
:::Waving right back at you!::::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga