U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,300 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Chattanooga in a few weeks. I know absolutely no one and have never visited the area. Any ideas on meeting people??

Any answers/help I could get about the following things would be great:

Music scene?? - huge concert fan - love live music whether small venues, ampitheaters, arenas.... whatever.

Methodist churches - prefer a contemporary service

Apartments/houses for rent - I've got an eye on a few places - much prefer a house to an apartment

Love anything recreational - when I lived in NC I was part of softball, kickball, bowling and bar crawl leagues - great ways to meet people and keeps you active - does Chatt offer any of these things??

THAAAAANK YOOOOUUU!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM

264 posts, read 733,520 times
do you know what area of town you will be living in? in regards to the church...I know of one that would be great in the east brainerd area but not sure if you will be living over that way?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,094,804 times
Are you planning to visit before you move?

I think housing in Chattanooga is a little expensive, but it's all about frame of reference. We know a guy who was renting his 3 BR in East Brainerd for $1200 a month. Our 1 BR apartment is $645 a month, which I think is crazy.

There are live concerts in the area but not huge ones like in Nashville or Atlanta, but you could drive to either place easily.

I know nothing about the churches.

Meeting people? Joining organizations like the hiking club or the YMCA or other sports leagues is probably a good way to start. Church wouldn't hurt either.

If you can provide more specifics about your move and things you like/want in an area, we can probably help you more.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,569,464 times
Centenary Methodist Church downtown has a great singles group. It is located near UT-Chattanooga too.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 PM

13 posts, read 24,890 times
You can check Craigslist as well for rentals. When we moved here in Dec. We lived in The Reserve at Lakeshore apartments- In Hixson (15 mins from downtown) very nice apartments, very safe. I would look in the North Chattanooga area, there are a lot of younger people that live in that area. When we moved here we mostly got to know people from going to activities downtown and from work. There are a lot of concerts in the summertime downtown, not sure about the winter yet!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:47 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,569,464 times
Young singles tend to like the North Shore area... where there are lots of condos and apartments. Coolidge Park is a nice place to hang out on nice days. Welcome.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,635 times
Hey! I am in the same boat now.....you still lookin for a friend?????

My name is Tiffany, I'm a 28 single gal with christian values looking to have some fun! I need to make some girl friends in Chattanooga :-) (looking for a job too)

You have a facebook page?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,719 times
Default Try moving to Soddy-Daisy

Soddy-Daisy is great suburb of Chattanooga. Its convenient to Chattanooga and its a bible belt. Lots of churches in the same area as Soddy-Daisy. Its quiet here too, I lived here all my life and I love it,. Warning, use you best judgement, North Hamiltion County is the best place to live and work. That is were Soddy-Daisy is!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 AM

13 posts, read 22,295 times
Not sure if you've already moved or not but as some good places to live and churches to go to, e-mail me at sim2000632@yahoo.com and I'll try to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga