Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,556 times

Advertisements

Yeah,Frazier Ave. is the "NorthShore" area.My wife,son & I were there today!
We went to the Riverwalk & Coolidge Park AFTER we went to a Chattanooga Lookouts game(they beat the Birmingham Barons 1-0),went to the Aquarium then walked up Broad St. to eat at "Sticky Fingers"!

Had a GREAT day! We got back home to Cookeville about 9:30pm.Had a full day there and didn't even scratch the surface of all the fun things there are to do in Chattanooga! It's our favorite place!

firepower
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,170 times
I think we are ALL looking to leave FL!! Does anyone have an opinion on Asheville?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:47 AM

23 posts, read 70,829 times
We left FL 4 years ago. There's no way I'd want to live there now. To the OP, yep... I grew up in Boca Raton, and we dared into Delray only at the very edge, for Ross and Marshall's shopping! About 10 years ago I went back and old friends said I had to go see Delray. I didn't believe them until I got there - WOW what a change!

We are slowly working on moving into Chatt. No hope of selling our home here anytime soon, but we'll figure out a way!

Asheville is cool. Lots of people from S. Florida started moving there about 15 years ago, so the prices went up quite a bit. Asheville is beautiful, we visit every few years.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 PM

8 posts, read 17,285 times
I hope I am doing this correct. My family is moving to Cleveland Tn. I have 2 boys in Elementary School. Can anyone tell me what they think of Cleveland or maybe Chattanoogo? Is it safe, what neighborhoods(subdivisions) do you say is the best for families. Pls provide whatever information you have. Thank You.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
My husband and I moved to Chattanooga last year. There is a lot of input on Chattanooga neighborhoods in various threads. Maybe searching those would help. Between Chattanooga and Cleveland is Ooltewah, Collegedale and Apison - well, they're more or less between. Those areas are really growing. Mostly newer homes (2000 and up) from what we've seen. From my experience, Cleveland has the more rural vibe but there is a Wal-Mart and civilization. I don't know too much about the neighborhoods in Cleveland. We were hunting land so we didn't really want a subdivision or anything like that. Also, we like older homes (pre-1960) so we tend to like Brainerd/East Brainerd, downtown Chattanooga (Saint Elmo, Highland Park) and Red Bank. North Chattanooga is too pricey for us but is very popular with good schools.

Don't know if this helped. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga