Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM

14 posts, read 67,849 times

Advertisements

Hi again -- I like the feel of a nice downtown area and was wondering what Chattanooga's is like? I used to work in Buckhead, Georgia and loved the feel of that city. Busy, yet manageable and very cool architecture.

I've seen a few pictures of downtown Chat. and it looks nice, but is it comfortable, safe, easy walking, glass buildings, fortune 500 companies, etc?I'd love to work downtown - could anyone stear me in the direction of finding out the top corporations that are there?

You buys have been so helpful so far. I look forward to any and all comments and advice.

LeaveFLA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 04:20 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,855,755 times
Default DownTown

LF. : The white city-data logo ,upper left, will have more pics and data if you click there, believe Chatt is 155K pop, 4th largest city in state.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield getting one of biggest with $300 million park being built on River, West side. CIGNA, Erlanger Health, S.I.Corp, U.S. xpress, UNUM , Pilgrim Pride all over 1,500 employees for staters.
Free electric CARTA buses ride back and forth, They are built here.
Baseball stadium there, C.REDs Farm league , C. LOOKOUTS,fun nights.
Many festivals , fund raisers every month of the year. Large Convention center.
We will tire you out with activities, no doubt about it.........[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 04:44 PM

63 posts, read 183,293 times
Chattanooga is up and coming as a city! I love parking my car and taking walks with my kids to Ben & Jerry's, heading to the Aquarium to see the penguins and otters, then lunch and coffee at Rembrandt's. It is where I spend my time when I want some personal time too. I love to look in the shops and galleries. The Coolidge park area has tons to offer in the way of relaxing or finding an activity. If you want to park on one side, walk across the walking bridge and have lunch then back to shop, you can feel safe doing that too.
Chattanooga has lots to offer in newly renovated lofts. Pricey but worth it if you want that city feel. So much of the downtown area is in mid change but the area has come a long way from the boarded up ugly buildings that it was 10 years ago. Come on over and take a look. It is great!

Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Oh, thanks for the info and picture. Sounds really great. I miss the activity of Buckhead and would love to be in that type setting again. I lived in a city here in Florida, "Delray Beach", before it was rejuvenated. Yes, it took 10 years, but I saw it for myself just how much a city can change with good people backing up the work. It's amazing. Chat. looks like it's trying to do the same - cool!

If anyone has any more pics or advice, please post it all....we're coming up this weekend and staying thru next week. Need all the info I can get.

Thanks a mil,
leaveFLA

Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,409,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveFLA View Post
Oh, thanks for the info and picture. Sounds really great. I miss the activity of Buckhead and would love to be in that type setting again. I lived in a city here in Florida, "Delray Beach", before it was rejuvenated. Yes, it took 10 years, but I saw it for myself just how much a city can change with good people backing up the work. It's amazing. Chat. looks like it's trying to do the same - cool!

If anyone has any more pics or advice, please post it all....we're coming up this weekend and staying thru next week. Need all the info I can get.

Thanks a mil,
leaveFLA
Hi there
I gather you are trying to leave FL as well? lol
We are FL survivors, and ended up in PA right now. Call it a vacation, if you will. We are looking into relocating to Chattanooga as well, and I am really excited about it. I've seen PLENTY of pictures, and it looks beautiful! (I guess like Ft Lauderdale, when it was a much BETTER place...lol.
Good luck y'all.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Thank ya, thank ya. There's so many things to do, I'm glad we're going up there for a week to cover lots of territory!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 8,037 times
Downtown Chattanooga is nice but Frazier Ave is better .

Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Where's Frazier Avenue? Is it a part of Chattanooga?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM

390 posts, read 1,696,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveFLA View Post
Where's Frazier Avenue? Is it a part of Chattanooga?
I had the same question when I read the post. I googled it and it is the area by the riverfront and Coolidge Park with lots of shops and restaurants. Looks very cool. My husband was there on his trip and just loved that whole area!

Three months and counting! I can't wait!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the info! We'll check it out. WE leave tomorrow morning for a week's trip to see TN. Will be on-line!
Lucy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga