Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:06 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Only an idiot cannot see the difference between the Camry/ES and say its the same. Its not. The G35/Skyline IS THE SAME.

Everything you said backed up what I said. The Camry/ES is platform sharing, the G35/Skyline is a rebadge (though the G35 also shares its platform with many other cars/SUVs).

The G35 was the Japanese/French attempt at rebadging, it had a hood prop and also the seats were simply moved to the other side (why they have those idiotic seat controls by the center console) and they didn't change the center console either from RHD to LHD. Thus all the major controls in America are actually on the passenger side. Cheap cost cutting. Thank goodness the current model got better.
You still don't seem to understand why it was sold as a G35 here and a Skyline in Japan. Only an idiot would fail to see this difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
This was one of the more frustrating things that I'd hear when I worked for Lexus. Some people still seemed to think that Lexuses were literally a Toyota with a badge that had an "L" instead of a "T," or that Lexus was a bargain luxury brand.

They'd walk onto the showroom floor and look at the brand new LS430 or GS330, say it was nice, look at the sticker, then hollar: "SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR THIS??? ALL THIS IS, IS... A CAMRY!"

I wish I could have legally tazed everyone that said that.

The ES used a Camry chassis and engine. Everything else about the thing was absolutely different. Totally different body panels, interior, suspension, electronics, sound deadening, tires, lights; you name it, it was made on a different manufacturing floor by different people to different specs. The Camry is designed to be a cost-effective everyday sedan. The ES is an entry level luxury car that is designed to be much smoother and more quiet, and thus it has a totally different construction.

It's platform sharing in the same way that the Nissan 350Z and Infiniti EX35 use "the same chassis."

And then the other Lexuses... none of them have analogues on the US market other than the SUV's.
Great post. There is a reason why Lexus is where it is. Even if one doesn't like it their attention to detail and ascension is nothing short of magnificent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
You still don't seem to understand why it was sold as a G35 here and a Skyline in Japan. Only an idiot would fail to see this difference.
Its obvious. Nissan was broke, the French bought them, they made a couple of platforms and engines and they are share them. They then brought the Skyline here as a G35 which has done well for them.

Don't get butthurt you drive a fancy Nissan trying to bag on the ES which at least isn't a rebadge.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 PM

288 posts, read 1,555,226 times
I would rather buy an $800 car.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_47_00 View Post
I would rather buy an $800 car.
like pick up a $800 mustang LX coupe and drop in $15K
stiffen up the chasis get some nice koni adjustable coil-overs front and rear grab a FRPP 408ci EFI windsor mated to T-56 6-speed and a ford 9-inch rear with eaton 4.11 31 spline posi?

something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHlefRo5pU

Old 12-29-2010, 10:53 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
I would rather have a used Porsche Cayeene, Mercedes or a Range Rover for that price. Yes it's a large luxury SUV but it's basically a Tahoe/Suburban on a prom date.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Great post. There is a reason why Lexus is where it is. Even if one doesn't like it their attention to detail and ascension is nothing short of magnificent.

Its obvious. Nissan was broke, the French bought them, they made a couple of platforms and engines and they are share them. They then brought the Skyline here as a G35 which has done well for them.

Don't get butthurt you drive a fancy Nissan trying to bag on the ES which at least isn't a rebadge.
I'm not butt hurt whatsoever driving a car that aside from winning much praise is just a joy to drive. I am butt hurt on the lack of logic and intelligence in your part but I chalk that up to factors outside my control.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I'm not butt hurt whatsoever driving a car that aside from winning much praise is just a joy to drive. I am butt hurt on the lack of logic and intelligence in your part but I chalk that up to factors outside my control.
A fancy 4 door 350Z should be a joy to drive.

Konkocars.com » Blog Archive » The Top 10 Douchebag Cars: (http://konkocars.com/2009/07/15/the-top-10-cars-driven-by-douchebags/?AID=10546635&PID=3323800 - broken link)

Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 AM

11 posts, read 16,280 times
Really it is nice car Thanks for information............

Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
A fancy 4 door 350Z should be a joy to drive.

Konkocars.com » Blog Archive » The Top 10 Douchebag Cars: (http://konkocars.com/2009/07/15/the-top-10-cars-driven-by-douchebags/?AID=10546635&PID=3323800 - broken link)
More fun than one could ever imagine having in an ES

Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
More fun than one could ever imagine having in an ES
You do realize the G35 sharing platforms with a 350Z should be more "fun" than an ES sharing platforms with a Camry. The ES is also far more luxurious and comfy than the G35 on the other hand.

Its called different cars for different buyers/markets though they are priced the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC