Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
FYI the CTS owner has an average age of 55. Yes 55. Which is funny b/c people love to bash the Lexus ES for being an old persons car and their average age is 56. A whopping year older.

The average Caddy buyer is 63.

The ATS hopefully does lower it and doesn't pull a CTS, bought by the older Cadillac loyalists.

You seem to post a lot in the auto forum without actually knowing much about autos.
The average age of a Cadillac buyer is 58, down from 65 about a decade ago. When the CTS first came out the average of the the buyer was, as you say, 55, a full 10 years below the rest of the lineup -- which proves the point that the brand reorientation effort behind the Art and Science design was effective.

How old do you suppose the average E-segment luxury/near-luxury buyer is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
No, it's to big because it's gotten the mass of a classic Caddy in the size of a new Camaro. Mass is the enemy of acceleration, of handling, of braking, and of fuel mileage, and cars that are 3600-4000+ lbs are too heavy to work well in those areas without a lot of costly suspension work and extremely powerful engines and oversized brakes.

The CTS was originally aimed at the 3 series, but was almost 5 series BMW sized, making it too big for its competition. So they aknowledged that, and are moving it up to fully compete in size with the 5 series BMW and build this new, smaller, lighter ATS to compete directly with the BMW 3 series. There will also be a new larger BMW 7 series competitor (the XTS is not that car, it's more aimed towards the more traditional buyer, with FWD and a cushy ride)
That's true. It is heavy for its size. As you said, the size of a Camaro but weighing 4,000+ lbs.

Regarding exterior size, it's certainly not a big car, though. Even a Toyota Avalon is bigger!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
I'm pretty excited about this car as well, particularly the 4cyl turbo in a manual. Would love to have an ATS-V, but having some special super low lease payment on a what still should be a fun ride is very enticing. Then maybe picking up a used ATS-V a few years down the road will be a possibility.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How can anyone see a CTS-V as "too big?" Wheelbase is 113.4" and the overall length is only 191.6". The '66 Dodge Dart GT I used to own was 196.3" long and never felt like a big car to me. It felt like what it was, a compact.

Maybe a CTS-V looks "big" because of its bulky "styling" and its pug-nose?

Well it does look big too but...

The CTS-V is 10 inches longer and the wheelbase is 10 inches bigger than my WRX (2012).

Not to mention the CTS-V is 4000lbs+ whereas my WRX is 3200lbs+.

And I think my WRX is a bit of a pig.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Can someone turn on the AC? Its getting a little heated in here. I don't want the heat to lead to any personal attacks or TOS Violations.

Please don't get into a shouting match with stats and not include a source. One of the deals with car guys and gals is that many times information is offered on a particular model and brand and people repeat things that they may have read at one time. I don't have any idea how old the average buyer of a Caddy is anymore than any of you. I bet that I could find a statistic on it though and quote that statistic and include it in the post.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
seems like caddillac is taking the bmw apprach with the ats, basically the ats looks like exactly like the cts but smaller and im sure the new cts will be bigger.

my brother had a 2007 cts in west palm beach. Lots of girls seemed to fall for him because of it

Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
seems like caddillac is taking the bmw apprach with the ats, basically the ats looks like exactly like the cts but smaller and im sure the new cts will be bigger.

my brother had a 2007 cts in west palm beach. Lots of girls seemed to fall for him because of it
Haha, it's a good thing I didn't get mine in hopes of using it to pick up girls. Results would've been a bit disappointing.

Once I got my teeth fixed and an exercise routine going, though...

Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Haha, it's a good thing I didn't get mine in hopes of using it to pick up girls. Results would've been a bit disappointing.

Once I got my teeth fixed and an exercise routine going, though...
o wow lol you really beat your self up with the second line lol.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 PM

i never understood how a car could have a age resemblance especially do to the fact that young people like to customize cars, and the real exoitc cars that a young person would drive they could never afford.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Well it does look big too but...

The CTS-V is 10 inches longer and the wheelbase is 10 inches bigger than my WRX (2012).

Not to mention the CTS-V is 4000lbs+ whereas my WRX is 3200lbs+.

And I think my WRX is a bit of a pig.
A CTS-V may be 10 inches longer than your WRX, but it's also 18.2 inches smaller than my smallest car (1966 Plymouth) and 27.3 inches smaller than my '95 Lincoln Town Car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC