Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

109 posts, read 194,445 times

Advertisements

But the Volt is an amazing piece of Governement motors innovation!!!
When you think Volt, think United States Postal Service, and it's finely tuned machine that looses money hand over fist....
I feel so warm and fuzzy that 10's of millions of dollars went to GM to produce a POS that goes 50 miles on coal powered plug in receptacles.... Don't ya feel good about that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,660,116 times
Actually, the U.S. Postal service is one of the most efficiently run organizations in history, and they even manage to do a pretty good job most of the time.

Fact is, the USPS is not losing money, it's busy trying to suddenly fund 75 years worth of employee benefits in only 10 years, something no other public or private business has ever needed to do. This isn't the CD forum for this, but these are known facts. Look into it. It's a pretty outrageous requirement foisted upon them by congress.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:04 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,415,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibusurfer View Post
When you think Volt, think United States Postal Service, and it's finely tuned machine that looses money hand over fist....
I feel so warm and fuzzy that 10's of millions of dollars went to GM to produce a POS that goes 50 miles on coal powered plug in receptacles.... Don't ya feel good about that??

Hey, maybe the USPS could buy all these POS Volts. Perfect solution.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:06 PM

109 posts, read 194,445 times
Wilson has the answer!!!! That is a perfect solution. That would be Government waste on steriods!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:37 PM

448 posts, read 1,052,202 times
Let's see you can run the car on just the gas engine without charging it but goverment motors rates it at a whopping 16 mpg and my experiance on insuring hybrids or eletric cars my ins rates go up no savings there's no savings there. I think a diesel engine that idles as a generator while the car is going 70-80 with a regenerative braking system to harness the energy. And what about people that live in condo's and apt where they can't install the charger!! Google out the volks wagon L1 200 mph but it looks like a plug in deal to I'll be researching it more myself . I hope it goes into production!!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 PM

448 posts, read 1,052,202 times
Never mind the controll panel that takes a day to figure out. Diesel burns more efficient than regurlar gas! And it's wet and not dry like regular gas so it acts like oil and lubes the pistions another plus. I had.96 rabbit with 15 million miles on it with no problems except new rotors and normal wear items the engine never seen a wrench! I have a 300 turbo diesel with 5 milllion miles on it no problems except a new clutch the engine has never seen a wrench. Will a gas powered car or an eletric car last that long not when I was running 70 k miles a year all my cars are high mileage cars when I junk em. And a diesel holds it''s value over a regular car as well

Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,238,414 times
GM went under with bad designs and too many diffrent brands all sharing the same platform instead of killing off the brands that where dying they shoudl of got rid of oldsmobile before they went under and kept Pontiac as a performance only division with the G8, Solstice and if they where still around toady the Trans-Am/Firebird would of gave them 3 models to sell.

I mean the G8 GXP was producing performance numbers in the BMW M5
A upgraded Direct injection Pontiac solstice with a GXP version making 350-375HP

A possible concept of what the Trans-Am could of looked like with suspension option like the WS6 handling package which could of been right out of the ZL-1 Camaro

The GTO Judge could of been brought back using the G8 GXP longer frame and size it the Judge could of used the Camaro Z-L1 and Suspension and the supercharged LSA 580HP 6.2 V-8...The G* could of been a more luxury based sedan that is in between BMW-5 series and current Dodge Charger it would of been in the middle of the two.

I mean this would of been better than keeping buick and would have a very Distinct brand and the Chevy Cruze should of had a 2.0-2.5 liter direct injection I-4 turbo diesel and 8-speed transmission with a optional eco package that includes low rolling resistance tires and some minor tunes and tweaks to get better aero dynamics to get the best fuel ecomomy possible.

The volt was a waste and GM made some bad choices could of had a performace divsion and a great small fuel efficent car that gets close fuel mileage the volt puts out. it would of sold for $20,000-$25,000 less and no stupid battery packs to take up trunk/Cabin space, nede to be Replaced after 6-8 years or to catch fire.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,238,414 times

Trans AM 2012 Bandit - YouTube
Just think this could of been the retro 2010-2012 Trans-Am

Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,002,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganto_2010 View Post
Let's see you can run the car on just the gas engine without charging it but goverment motors rates it at a whopping 16 mpg and my experiance on insuring hybrids or eletric cars my ins rates go up no savings there's no savings there. I think a diesel engine that idles as a generator while the car is going 70-80 with a regenerative braking system to harness the energy. And what about people that live in condo's and apt where they can't install the charger!! Google out the volks wagon L1 200 mph but it looks like a plug in deal to I'll be researching it more myself . I hope it goes into production!!

Your post is full of fail

Old 03-04-2012, 10:20 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,002,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibusurfer View Post

You fail too. It actually goes a lot more than 50 miles on a full charge. But seeing how you can't even spell Government right, I'll take your post with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC