U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 PM

484 posts, read 692,090 times

Advertisements

I previously posted this thread requesting advise -

Looking To Purchase A Luxury Compact Car Or Luxury Looking Compact Car

I have been strolling around Sacramento this weekend, I seen a few Corvettes. So, I looked at the company website, at the photos only. Saw the price did not read the copy Now this is a little above my budget, but maybe, worth the extra money???? What is your opinion about this beautiful machine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,303,849 times
Does this mean you no longer care about high MPG?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM

4,116 posts, read 7,604,017 times
I have an '02 Vette Vert, so not unbiased, as it is the best car I have every owned.
With that preface, I realize there are thousands of people using Corvettes for daily drivers...
as much as I love cars/Vettes, it would not be my pick for a daily driver for someone in sales.

A commuter car, driven on fun roads, to the office; maybe. But for a DD it has some impracticalities, imo:
-not easy to get in and out, esp if you are wearing a skirt.
-limited outward visibility
-not very good mpg in stop & go/traffic. (I recall you were chasing 27-30+ mpg)
-wheels and tires that don't like potholes
-one will want to park it in the remote corner of a lot
-your insurance may be pricey with that car
-your customers, if face to face, may wonder 'why', and if you are taking more than one customer 'out', he/she won't fit.
I love Vettes, but it isn't the most practical 'sales car', imo.
GL, mD

Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 PM

19,848 posts, read 10,554,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
I previously posted this thread requesting advise -

Looking To Purchase A Luxury Compact Car Or Luxury Looking Compact Car

I have been strolling around Sacramento this weekend, I seen a few Corvettes. So, I looked at the company website, at the photos only. Saw the price did not read the copy Now this is a little above my budget, but maybe, worth the extra money???? What is your opinion about this beautiful machine?
So is this like a '64 Vette? I'm trying to remember one that didn't look like some toddlers hot wheel car.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM

8,880 posts, read 15,639,728 times
I thought women in the cosmetics industry were all after pink Cadillacs.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
I have an '02 Vette Vert, so not unbiased, as it is the best car I have every owned.
With that preface, I realize there are thousands of people using Corvettes for daily drivers...
as much as I love cars/Vettes, it would not be my pick for a daily driver for someone in sales.

A commuter car, driven on fun roads, to the office; maybe. But for a DD it has some impracticalities, imo:
-not easy to get in and out, esp if you are wearing a skirt.
-limited outward visibility
-not very good mpg in stop & go/traffic. (I recall you were chasing 27-30+ mpg)
-wheels and tires that don't like potholes
-one will want to park it in the remote corner of a lot
-your insurance may be pricey with that car
-your customers, if face to face, may wonder 'why', and if you are taking more than one customer 'out', he/she won't fit.
I love Vettes, but it isn't the most practical 'sales car', imo.
GL, mD

Well, thank you, for this info. I didn't read the fine print just looked at the pretty pictures and oggled at what I saw on the streets of Sacramento.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:31 PM

3,229 posts, read 6,659,331 times
Take note, the price you were looking at was for a new corvette, they don't hold their value especially well and a used model can be had for significantly cheaper. A co-worker of mine has a corvette that's off and on his daily driver. It was his daily till he purchased a new Camaro. This co-worker mentions that his Corvette was a much better DD with regards to fuel economy than the Camaro, and that it typically pulls 30 MPG on the highway especially if you can keep it slow (60-70 mph).

Even still, the luggage capacity and seating arrangement wouldn't make it an ideal DD for me. However, that would also rule out numerous other small sports cars from numerous manufacturers.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,144,875 times
I had a Z06 and loved every second of it. If I could get another one I would in a heartbeat..

Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Take note, the price you were looking at was for a new corvette, they don't hold their value especially well and a used model can be had for significantly cheaper. A co-worker of mine has a corvette that's off and on his daily driver. It was his daily till he purchased a new Camaro. This co-worker mentions that his Corvette was a much better DD with regards to fuel economy than the Camaro, and that it typically pulls 30 MPG on the highway especially if you can keep it slow (60-70 mph).

Even still, the luggage capacity and seating arrangement wouldn't make it an ideal DD for me. However, that would also rule out numerous other small sports cars from numerous manufacturers.

Ideally, I would want a brand new car. But, after reading this.... Fill me in more please

Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM

351 posts, read 725,608 times
If you buy the vette then you'll need to wear a Member's Only jacket and grow a mustache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC