Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Oh boy- we get the same useless and outdated report showing " Predicted" reliability. Do we need to re-has this again and disprove its relevance? All I know is that my Mother in Law's Jetta is CONSTANTLY in the shop for whatever weird repairs it needs. The car doesn't even have 100,000 miles on it.
Well anecdotal is pretty useless as far as relability goes.. esp when theres ohh about 12,000 jettas on the road for every 1 cruze. I know people that have had jettas for over 200k miles with no issues.. and Ive known others that couldnt even drive it period cause the brand new one was a complete lemon.. just like the ONE cruze owner I know personally.. total of 900 miles of driving in 6 months of ownership because its been at the dealer for weeks after weeks.
Besides that one.. Ive never even seen another cruze on the streets anywhere in CT, RI, NY, or Mass...
I RARELY see them in any of the other 22 states Ive traveled to for work this year.
Time will tell what the diesel cruze does... until then its all conjecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,687 times
You can usually find a Cruze at the rental car lot, thats really what they're meant for. You can bet Hertz and Avis didn't pay $26,000 for a Cruze... ever

Last edited by evergraystate; 04-19-2013 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,788,257 times
Quote:
Well anecdotal is pretty useless as far as relability goes.. esp when theres ohh about 12,000 jettas on the road for every 1 cruze. I know people that have had jettas for over 200k miles with no issues..
I'm pretty sure there are people that have Yugos that have made it to 100,000 miles. They weren't very good cars either. VW has spent decades at the bottom of the list of most reliability reports, which more or less makes my ancedotal story more of a reinforcing statement.

Quote:
You can usually find a Cruze at the rental car lot, thats really what they're meant for. You can bet Hertz and Avis didn't play $26,000 for a Cruze... ever
Like I said, I can argue as long as you want to. To me this is fun, especially when I get to offer corrections for inaccurate statements. The Cruze sells very well in the US in the broad consumer market and its their best-selling car globally as well.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Chevrolet Cruze sales plummet as General Motors vows to protect resale prices
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Sales of the Lordstown-built Chevrolet Cruze are falling fast, and General Motors doesn't plan to fight the slide.
Officials say they'd rather keep prices on the compact car high rather than clear out inventory with profit-killing discounts.
During a conference call with reporters and analysts Wednesday, GM Vice President of U.S. Sales Kurt McNeil said that in the past, the company would have slapped huge cash-back deals on the Cruze or shipped thousands of cars to rental fleets to prop up sales. Those short-term tactics flooded the market with low-cost cars, making even lightly used GM cars nearly worthless.
"We've kept our brand-building discipline on Cruze," McNeil said. "This is going to pay long-term dividends with Cruze resale prices."
Chevrolet Cruze sales plummet as General Motors vows to protect resale prices | cleveland.com
LOL yeah good luck with that.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,788,257 times
Quote:
LOL yeah good luck with that.
Oh here we go, with another old and outdated article.

So do you have anything else to add? When you do, make sure and leave a few token shmarmy remarks like: " Genius", LOL!", or whatnot. We really do care.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
LOL thats pathetic. Just buy a cheaper hybrid or a $6000 cheaper Cruze eco if you really must suffer with a GM product.

Cruze diesel $25,695 27/46 mpg

Prius liftback $23,215 51/48 mpg

Jetta TDI $22,990 30/42 mpg

Cruze ECO $19,680 28/42 mpg

Prius C $19,080 53/46 mpg

You would have to be grade A moron to buy the diesel cruze.

I think you're the grade A moron. Only the Jetta TDI is directly comparable to the Cruze anyway. The Cruze is more expensive because it has larger wheels, leather, MyLink, and a more powerful engine. I'll easily take the Cruze over all of those other choices you mentioned.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Because GM is a STUPID company! And they should have never gotten rid of Pontiac.
Well, nobody ever accused GM of being smart or producing a quality product for that matter. We've already seen the type of grade A morons these cars attract.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
This very page shows why we don't get diesels or wagons. Most Americans are ignorant.
Including ignorant about why we don't get diesels or wagons.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:19 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Including ignorant about why we don't get diesels or wagons.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
They're both automotive garbage.

These BS Consumer Distorts ratings you keep posting and carrying on about should be all the evidence anyone needs that they are FOS and have no idea what the hell they're talking about. They rate the 1.4T's predicted reliability at "much worse than average" even though not one single individual category rates below average and in fact all but one rate above average including the drivetrain.

Meanwhile, they rate the 1.8 as "much worse than average" even though the only feature that rates below average is "squeaks and rattles" -- which, incidentally, they rate as "much worse than average" for the 1.8 yet "average" for the 1.4T. Are they speculating that the workers are screwing the 1.4Ts together tighter or something?

If you're going to repeatedly use a third-party source as the basis for your argument, you might choose one that doesn't blatantly contradict itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC