Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre sedan. The 3.6 L (i guess) v-6 engine has had some repairs on the head gasket and a weird coolong system fittings but not given any other problems. It has 168k miles and runs like a Buick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 08:20 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,357 times
Quote:
I really don't want to recommend anything to you, because I don't know your
situation at all. I don't know what you're looking for, or why, nor what you
can reasonably afford. Plus, my personal taste in vehicles tends to be VERY
different than the mainstream

I've only bought from car dealerships. I started off with Chevrolet but when they quit making the gear on wheel, I switched to Buick. Now all the gears (as I call it) is between the seats. My first car was a Citation X11 and from there I went to a Citation. A friend of mine told me about the Lumina and how they were made and a reliable car. Omgosh, they were~! It lasted me like 20 years~! Now I have a Buick Century.

Quote:
I will say that, historically, it has been best to stay away from most GM
vehicles for the first year or two they're offered. They're not as bad about it
anymore, but they've tended to be such a bunch of arrogant arses that they feel
perfectly fine using the general public as their guinea pigs (think GM diesel
cars in the late 70s). However, I'll also say that GM has produced some of the
best vehicles ever made.

I know that the Buick Encore is new and that is why I posted a question here wanting info. What I am familiar with they quit making. I inquired about the Lucerne, and darn it they quit making that. Not that I was interested, but wanted to view it and sit in it, and ask questions.

Quote:
Ford is now cranking out (in my opinion) some of the best vehicles on the
market. But they've certainly cranked out their share of crap over the years.

A friend of mine believes in Fords and won't buy anything else. He's always owned Fords and thinks they have the top vehicles, especially the "Edge". It's not as comfortable in sitting like the "Equinox".

Quote:
Hyundai & Kia are putting out some really good vehicles - MUCH better than
10 years ago.

I overheard a guy who worked for a repair shop who defined the Kai (or maybe it was the Hyundai, I forgot) as comparable to the Mercedes.

Quote:
If I were you, I'd keep doing just what you did here. If a vehicle catches your
fancy, ask about it. That, and stay away from ALL "Buy Here Pay Here" type
dealers
I definitely stay away from "those places". I don't want any problems from the start and from what I've heard from folks that have bought used cars from "those type" of places. A used car from a dealership is more reliable.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:24 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,357 times
Bump~!

I think I'm over the Buick Encore. I want a V-6 engine that this car doesn't have it. I'm waiting for my car to go caput....with all the problems I have with my Buick Century. It's a good car but very sentimental. Do any of you all get that attached to your cars~?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Bump~!

I think I'm over the Buick Encore. I want a V-6 engine that this car doesn't have it. I'm waiting for my car to go caput....with all the problems I have with my Buick Century. It's a good car but very sentimental. Do any of you all get that attached to your cars~?
The only cars I got sentimentally attached to were ones that were a part of our kids' milestones. The old VW Bug our boys learned to drive in, etc.

But that doesn't happen any more. Kids are all grown, and I just kind of buy, fix & sell cars at will.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
If you want a car with a V6 the Camry SE (or XLE) is your best bet. Very powerful and silky smooth.

Nissan Maxima is another good choice.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Buick is one of the only brands to have five star safety ratings on everything it sells - so whoever said they heard it had "crash issues" is false.

It's new to the market but its engineering is not new to the world so people who are scared of first model year cars are just basing that fear on outdated principles.

It is a little car for empty nesters that still provides luxury and refinement. Absolutely nothing pleases some of you guys. You don't see the "point" of it. Well fine if I dig in hard enough I can not see "the point" of any car. It isn't a giant gas hog of an SUV. It isn't a land barge like an old Roadmaster or Electra 225. It does provide crossover upright seating and is easy to handle. It's cute. The end.

To the OP I can totally understand wanting a V6 and more room. GM would rather you buy a Terrain or Equinox. The Buick version of these vehicles (Anthem or maybe Envision) is still a year or so away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC