Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

I have rented several of these in the past and really like them... I am asking now because they are starting to get some age/miles on them and now I have a chance to get one a very good price. Our company is selling off the company cars that the supervisors drive (they are letting the associates have first chance at them) and some of the cars in the fleet being sold are 2007 Impala sedans. They are the base LS models of course, but still have the standard comforts like all power features and A/C. They have a couple of white ones, some red ones and some blue ones. The red ones have around 85K-95K, but they are $6000-6100. I wouldn't mind giving $6K, but for that, I would want an LT model, but we don't have any LT models.

The cheapest one is available for $4200 and is in excellent condition with a lot of service records. It has high miles for an '07 @ 133K, but I am no stranger to high mileage cars. In fact, most of my life, my cars have all had over 200K. In fact, my current work car, my '95 Lincoln has 223K miles. Still runs fine, but I thought this Impala would be a nice upgrade as a work car and get better MPG without putting miles on my new Honda. My Lincoln gets 19.3 mpg on average and someone that purchased one of these in the past at work told me that she has had no issues with hers.

I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with one of these or knew of any trouble spots and can tell me if this is too good of a deal to pass up. lol. I value everyones expertise here. We have a lot of great people here that know their stuff and of course some haters on GM cars. LOL.

The other cars for sale are 2009 Ford Fusion SE's and 2010 Ford Fusion SE's (the facelifted models). They range in prince from $5400-$8500. My friend is interested in one... a 2010 model, 76K miles for $7200.

If I got one, I would have to sell my Lincoln of course. What to do. What to do. lol.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Keep your Lincoln!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM

129 posts, read 516,329 times
Tough dilemma. What series? I'm guessing you have a Towncar, if so 95' is a great year. Executives have the longest lasting interior (no pillows on the seats, least amount of options), all of those Impalas will need new struts if they have not been replaced but are at least 10% better on gas than the Lincoln. Towncars are tough cars and the parts readily available. I would keep the Lincoln unless MPG is your biggest concern. My brother had one in HS, only problem he had was that the air ride 30 amp fuse underhood would blow every 4 months like clockwork. When the ride first stopped working every shop he visited wanted to rebuild the system and strangely none of them ever bothered to check the fuse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC