Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 03:14 PM

893 posts, read 789,867 times

Advertisements

We sold a 67 Camaro RS SS to Mike Waters in Greenville NC in 1985. We would like to find this vehicle now. Is this going to be a needle in a hay stack? I've tried google to no avail. Anybody know Mike? Help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
If you have the vin to the car I believe the Raleigh DMV can help.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
We sold a 67 Camaro RS SS to Mike Waters in Greenville NC in 1985. We would like to find this vehicle now. Is this going to be a needle in a hay stack? I've tried google to no avail. Anybody know Mike? Help would be appreciated.
Wow, what timing! Cruikshl, this week (or last, I'm not sure) the Wall Street Journal ran an article in the "Personal Journal" section of the paper on the efforts of people trying to find a vehicle they previously owned! There are some tips in the article about conducting a search. Good luck!

Old 01-20-2008, 12:07 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Your luck it could be one that was auctioned off for some REALLY HIGH price at Barrett-Jackson this weekend. Then you could forget about ever getting THAT ONE back............. unless you hit the lottery A 69 Camaro went on Sat. night for $500K It was an RC Camaro and someone got ahold of the motor from Dale Earnhardts car and put it in it... so someone w/ more money than brains bought it. Leno was there tonight up on the block and even claimed to be, "President of those w/ more money than...."

As others said, there are ways you can look up a vehicle using the VIN. People do this ALL THE TIME when they are looking to buy these cars to make sure the title is not a salvage. I don't know the sites but they should be pretty easy to find. I wish I could just find the VIN to my 81 Camaro...... my luck it is in some junk yard all parted out

Good luck finding it and let us know what you turn up. I'd LOVE to know.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Your luck it could be one that was auctioned off for some REALLY HIGH price at Barrett-Jackson this weekend. Then you could forget about ever getting THAT ONE back............. unless you hit the lottery A 69 Camaro went on Sat. night for $500K It was an RC Camaro and someone got ahold of the motor from Dale Earnhardts car and put it in it... so someone w/ more money than brains bought it. Leno was there tonight up on the block and even claimed to be, "President of those w/ more money than...."

As others said, there are ways you can look up a vehicle using the VIN. People do this ALL THE TIME when they are looking to buy these cars to make sure the title is not a salvage. I don't know the sites but they should be pretty easy to find. I wish I could just find the VIN to my 81 Camaro...... my luck it is in some junk yard all parted out

Good luck finding it and let us know what you turn up. I'd LOVE to know.
We saw that...I'm not sure it would go that high. It was redone by us and it was a rare one in fact the original owner was from Scottsdale AZ. One of a handful that AC for that time. Anyway we want to know where it is for curiosity sake

Old 01-20-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
If you have the vin to the car I believe the Raleigh DMV can help.
That's what we dont have...we do have an edition of Camaro Corral it was in shortly after we sold it but I think they went out of business.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
You could try posting the question on Team Camaro at Camaros.net Camaro Internet Resource someone there might be able to help.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
You could try posting the question on Team Camaro at Camaros.net Camaro Internet Resource someone there might be able to help.
Thanks I'll try that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC