Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,729,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
The 1966-1975 Eldorado was actually a GM "E" body which shared the same chassis as the Buick Riviera and Oldsmobile Toronado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
The 1970 through 1972 Monte Carlo and Grand Prix are not on the same chassis as the Chevelle, LeMans, Cutlass, etc.. I was parting out a 1971 Grand Prix at the same time I was parting out a 1971 LeMans Sport. The Grand Prix chassis is longer. The 1968 through 1972 LeMans, Chevelle, Cutlass, etc. are "A" body cars and the 1970 through 1972 Monte Carlo and Grand Prix were actually considered "G" body cars which were actually modified "A" body frames where the chassis was made longer between the firewall and the front. I know you can swap the rears in these cars as a bolt in but I am not sure if the front suspension and brakes can be swapped or not.
I didn't say a Monte and a Chevelle had the same chassis, I said the Monte utilized the Chevelle platform....meaning they used the Chevelle as the base and then added it's own touch to make the Monte Carlo.

Look at the 2 side by side and you can see somewhat of a resemblance.

Still don't believe me? I guess you'd also not believe me if I told you a 70-72 Monte and a Chevelle have the same rear deck lid, same rear glass, the entire rear suspension is interchangable, so is most of the front, heck even most of the interior are interchangable....some Chevelle guys joke about how they use Monte's for parts.

Also I never said the Chevelle used the same chassis as the E bodies, I said they based the car's styling cues....long nose, vertical tail lamps, bulgy fenders....all off of an El Dorado.

70-72 Grand Prix's and other big personal luxury coupes like the "boat-tail" Rivieras and the Olds Toronado were in a class of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 AM

874 posts, read 2,869,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I didn't say a Monte and a Chevelle had the same chassis, I said the Monte utilized the Chevelle platform....meaning they used the Chevelle as the base and then added it's own touch to make the Monte Carlo.

Look at the 2 side by side and you can see somewhat of a resemblance.

Still don't believe me? I guess you'd also not believe me if I told you a 70-72 Monte and a Chevelle have the same rear deck lid, same rear glass, the entire rear suspension is interchangable, so is most of the front, heck even most of the interior are interchangable....some Chevelle guys joke about how they use Monte's for parts.

Also I never said the Chevelle used the same chassis as the E bodies, I said they based the car's styling cues....long nose, vertical tail lamps, bulgy fenders....all off of an El Dorado.

70-72 Grand Prix's and other big personal luxury coupes like the "boat-tail" Rivieras and the Olds Toronado were in a class of their own.
Easy there. I was not trying to say that you said any of that at all. I was simply putting out some information. I actually used to think the 1968-1972 Grand Prix and Monte Carlo were on the same chassis as the "A" body cars until I parted out the 1971 Grand Prix and realized that it was longer. I then did my research and found out about them being on the modified "A" body platform. I actually did put in my post how many parts are interchangeable and never said that I did not believe you about anything. I did not put the post as a way of trying to prove you wrong about anything at all. I apologize if you took this as if I were trying to start some sort of argument with you since this was not my intention.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,329 times
Default The car in this ad

I just had to tell everyone on this post, that I own the actuall car in this add. I have the 1975 build sheet for this car, I have it, I have the car in this ad, the original punched keys from 2nd shift, it was built as number b48. It's all still original, even the tires, care number 48 of second shift.

Any one interested.

Seriouse inquiries only.

Ted

320-983-8134

Old 10-30-2010, 05:14 AM

3,672 posts, read 10,581,985 times
Resurrecting the thread for a theoretical question.

I owned a '76 stock 305 automatic. I put the next size up tires in the H series. I used to drive her home from work and had a stretch of highway that was out in the middle of farmland that I would open up on and fly for a few miles. I would accelerate until the windows were pulled out of their seals by the air pressures. The speedometer would go past the 100mph top mark and keep going to 20mph mark when the windows would suck out.

My question is; What would be your best guess at my actual speed at that point? I have always been curious, but since I was never caught by highway patrol (Thank god!) I have no way of knowing how fast I actually got to. I am hoping someone with a little gearhead tendencies might be able to give me a good guess.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:31 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,729,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I would accelerate until the windows were pulled out of their seals by the air pressures. The speedometer would go past the 100mph top mark and keep going to 20mph mark when the windows would suck out.

My question is; What would be your best guess at my actual speed at that point?
No idea but it sounds like the blow clips on your windows were broken. Also when you were flying that fast, I think you'd have more of a vacuum, rather than a pressure, on the outside of the windows.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,577 times
Is there a difference between a 75 Monte Carlo frame a 77 Mike Carlo frame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC