U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,561,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
I hear they are bringing the GS Corvette back for 2010 as well.
Yes, it's a trim level that is available on the coupe and convertible. Seems like there are some nice enhancements that come with that option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 03:37 PM

754 posts, read 697,169 times
With the recent ressurection of the 'retro' Mustang, Camaro and Challengers...and now that the Corvette has FINALLY been developed to ALMOST run alonside the 'ultra-exotic' supercars...maybe it's time for Chevy to take a short break from dumping too much money on further development of the Vette. It'll almost surely add some 'mystique' to the model over time...and therefore increase the overall value later on down the line when a newer model is released.

Let the 'younger' models have some time to play on the SCCA racetracks for a change...we all know what a properly tuned Corvette can do...I wanna see what this new Camaro is capable of...

Old 05-02-2009, 04:26 PM

13,581 posts, read 29,563,482 times
If this administration gets their way the Corvette will turn into a hybrid.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 AM

365 posts, read 1,150,601 times
I think a lot of people underestimate the mileage the LS series engines are capable of... besides, we have until what.... 2020 to meet the 35mpg standards? I don't see the cars going anywhere anytime soon.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Let the 'younger' models have some time to play on the SCCA racetracks for a change...we all know what a properly tuned Corvette can do...I wanna see what this new Camaro is capable of...
SEMA : Automotive Addicts

^ Works for me!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM

754 posts, read 697,169 times
VERY nice...and my comment about the SCCA shows just how long I've been 'away' from the car-racing world. I've been more involved in Open-Class, Super-Sport MotorBikes lately...so have'nt even been aware of who'se who, where they are, and what they're driving now...but that pic surely gets my blood pumping again for the Chevy nameplate ! ! ! WOOO hooo ! !

Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 PM

It's a bad little piece of equipment... that's for sure. I haven't been able to find it but there was a very informative web-link about the car including the builder info... I'll have to keep searching for it. I've been away from it for quite a while myself... lately I've been caught up in off-road racing... The Donahue theme to this car really caught my eye, I love nostalgic stuff like this!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 AM

140 posts, read 423,063 times
There is a temporary shutdown of the Corvette plant planned (Government would get GM majority stake | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal) but I haven't heard anything about the ultimate fate of the Corvette yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC