Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,746 times

Advertisements

Help I have a raised ranch home with red brick on the lower front. I would like to put pebble clay siding with white trim. Any good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,039,652 times
What is "pebble clay siding" ?

Most buyers tend to prefer siding that looks like, ah, siding, and stuff that is trying to look like something else tends to put them off. Now if you like the stuff there are good odds that some one else in the world does too, just like the aree some people that like olve green cars, but there are probably more people that like silver or black... SO if you want to do this "for yourself" go right ahead but if resale is part of what drives you, be careful...

Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 PM

74 posts, read 166,706 times
In your haste to make a wise-ass comment, you under-thought the question.

I'm guessing "pebble clay" is the color of the siding. That would look really nice with white trim, but I'm not sure about how it would match the red brick. Might be a little busy.

Last edited by dacas1; 07-07-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-05-2010, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,126 times
I have just installed Pebble Clay colored siding on my home (Aug 2010). I also have white trim with a black roof. I could not change those. The color combo works out very nice. Pebble clay has undertones. It can look grey, brown or green depending on what it is paired with. The white brings out the brown tones. I am changing out my shutters from white to a deep wine color (boardeaux) to bring out the green tones. Your red brick will look AWESOME with the pebble clay siding. I'd suggest picking a color out of your brick and match your shutters to that color, also paint your front door that same color as well. I am very happy with my color choice because with a simple change to my shutters I can change the whole look of my house. Have fun with your new colors.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,126 times
Change of plans: After touring my neighborhood, and seeing every taupe/khaki colored home with red, cranberry or wine colored shutters we decided on a more daring color. We are not cookie cutter people. We went with Sherwin Williams "Red Copper". The deep copper color, like paprika, with it's orange undertones coordinates with the green hues in the "pebble clay" siding. It looks absolutely stunning, modern and up to date.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,488 times
Hi we used Windows-1 Siding-1 on Clybourn in Chicago and they had so many options and the guy that came out knew all about the products inside and out. My house looks great, I'm so happy I went with them.

Last edited by GinGinBee; 09-11-2010 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: dude not a nice word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs