Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,444 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I have been looking for a home 2 buy with a country setting and a large lot (at least half acre), in a decent-safe area. I have no school age children (only fur babies) so schools aren't top priority. I have searched far and wide in the north suburbs, but it is very pricey. I have always lived up north so I have very little experience with the southern burbs . I just came across Creed Il, and the little bit I have seen is gorgeous. Its a bit far but, I think Id be willing to make the change if I knew it was safe and had access to decent shopping and restaurants. The house in particular I'm interested in purchasing is on Richton Rd down the street from the golf course. The homes over there are beautiful, at what seems to be a really reasonable price compared to the north side. I want to take the plunge but my lack of knowledge of the area has me very nervous. You know the old adage, if its too good to be true, it usually is. Any Crete'rs have any advice for me? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 09:58 AM

74 posts, read 166,974 times
That area around Lincoln Oaks is nice. There are some shady areas surrounding Crete though, and in general, there is quite a bit of "diversity" in the south suburbs.

Check out Homer Glen and Lemont, which are southwest suburbs, if you want a nice home on a big lot in a country-like setting close to shopping and restaurants. They're definitely pricier than Crete, but not as pricey as west or northwest. I'm sure you could find a short sale or foreclosure for a great price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs