Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,559 times

Advertisements

I'm a single mother moving with my 11 year old son to Illinois in December 2010. My office is located in Glen Ellyn. I'm still trying to sale my home in Dallas, so for the time being we will be renting. However, I don't want to move my son's school again until after he graduates, so I'm trying to move to an area I know we can rent in now and possibly buy later (no hurry to buy again).

That being said, good schools, location, commute, low taxes, safe neighborhood top my list of wants. I have no idea where to start. My relocation has not gone public so I have noone local to quiz about the area. Any suggetions are much appreciated.

I'm visiting next week and have appointments with three apartment communities....in Wheaton, Bloomindale and Warrenville. Should I steer clear of any of these areas? Any great apartment complexes you would suggest near Glen Ellyn?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Default First, I would avoid complexes...

There are smaller buildings and even single family homes that are available for rent. When you are in a complex you are going to have lots more singles, lots of unsupervised kids. Not good.

If you can stay closer to Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Downers Grove or Winfield the quality of the schools is superior to Bloomngdale.

Low taxes and DuPage Co just do not go together, but by shopping for the lowest priced places in the most expensive town you will at least get the best value ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs