Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,008 times

Advertisements

My husband is looking at a new job in Aurora. We're considering moving from Tidewater, VA area with two boys ages 8 & 11. Would like to buy or rent a home. Purchase budget ideally $200-250K because I am considering going back to school for a PharmD degree (4-5 yrs) so increasing his pay but losing mine. Need safe suburb with very good schools. Very active family. Have seen some pretty negative things about Aurora. Anywhere nearby that would put me closer to Downers Grove, or Chicago Pharmacy schools. Not accepted yet, in the processing of testing so we may rent for a year until I know where I'm going. I've never been to Chicago area. His is a corporate position, education highly valued. Like older homes in established neighborhoods. If we could get the fixer upper in the nicest neighborhood we'd be happy.

Last edited by ascharn; 09-11-2010 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,725,428 times
Aurora is a large suburb. Stay within Naperville schools if possible if you choose to stay in Aurora. There are several school districts serving Aurora. Naperville proper is probably out of budget. If not possible to stay in Aurora, try Batavia.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:19 PM

720 posts, read 3,006,390 times
In future posts your goign to see people knocking Aurora, don't listen to the knocks, there's a few small parts of Aurora that are bad but your going to find that with any city of 150k plus.

The parts of Aurora between Eola and Rt 59 are all pretty good and for the most part all go to Naperville District 204 schools.

East Aurora school district is not good. West Aurora however is probably not thought of as highly as Naperville 204 but is still very nice.

WOrking in AUrora however puts you next to a ton of other nice burbs so also look at and consider Naperville, Lisle, Wheaton, Warrenville, Westmont, Woodridge, Plainfield, Oswego, Batavia, St Charles.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM

5 posts, read 15,220 times
I've lived in Aurora, Il 2 times before and I am happy to be back. Welcome to a wonderful family oriented place. As far as schools are concerned, I think most schools are pretty decent and take time with all students.

www.wehandlethat.webs.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs