Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,491,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
So I guess the education going on out in munster is alot better ha? Especially for african american kids? Maybe my fiance and I should move out there with our daughter? Just kidding but I would love to see the test results and highschool dropout rates for the african american kids attending those indiana schools. I am sure they make HF's results look even better. Test scores at homewood flossmoor have not fallen from where they were the last time the school was awarded the blue ribbon award in 2002. They are still around a 21.5 as they always have been.
Well I can tell you that in my graduating class in Munster, there were about 20 Black students and ALL of us graduated!

I cannot say the same for Gary or Hammond schools.

And here is the info you requested: Munster High School test scores and graduation rates

I guess all of the African-American students must have dropped out in order for the graduation rate to be so high!

Have fun on that site...it has a lot of information!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
First, seriously, get over yourself. I never said I was an expert.

Second, the fact that I've said that it's on the state's academic early warning status doesn't count, right?

And third, a school with the history of HF should be scoring AT LEAST 10% above where it does now in regards to standardized testing. HF doesn't.

Oh, and hey chuckity am I wrong on this or did NW indiana's best high school, munster high school not make acceptable yearly progress either?

http://compass.doe.in.gov/compass/Da...=SCHOOL&atab=1

Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Oh, and hey chuckity am I wrong on this or did NW indiana's best high school, munster high school not make acceptable yearly progress either?

Hey Allen, I already posted that FOUR posts back. I ADMITTED IT and EXPLAINED the reasoning behind it....keep up with the posts!!

And here is the proof that the ONLY group within Munster High School that did not improve was SPECIAL EDUCATION!

Indiana AYP
(Then go to AYP by School to search)

Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Hey Allen, I already posted that FOUR posts back. I ADMITTED IT and EXPLAINED the reasoning behind it....keep up with the posts!!
Oh, sorry I am glad you admitted that though. It shows me atleast you are able to accept an actual fact as being truth. Although, your PERSONAL EXPLANATION only goes further in showing me how non objective you are.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
Quote:
What did you get on your ACT when you were in high school? A MEDIAN score of 21.5 for a high school is a very respectable number.
This is true.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry I am glad you admitted that though. It shows me atleast you are able to accept an actual fact as being truth. Although, your PERSONAL EXPLANATION only goes further in showing me how non objective you are.
Ok. I do admit, I do have some personal explanations for some things based on my experiences..but also others! Also, I have posted links confirming what I have said....where are your links about HOMEWOOD-FLOSSMOOR HIGH SCHOOL?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:

When you can't win the argument, you choose to deflect.

Whatever.

As for accepting facts, it's you, buddy oh pal, who has a problem accepting facts.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Jesse! Father Pfleger! Your minions need a bonus!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 PM

One thing I want to add:

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest that the H-F district makes its school available ONLY to residents of HOMEWOOD & FLOSSMOOR and AGGRESSIVELY crack down on out-of-district students!! That is REALLY what began to bring the district down...people lying on their addresses to get into the system..Yes at first it is "just people looking for better" but when a parent from out of district simply plants their kids in a better district just so they don;t have to "worry about them" but then DO NOT help them succeed by making sure they do their HW and behave, then ultimately it hurts the school system....Want the H-F area to remain desireable? Make it only available to Homewood and Flossmoor residents!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
The H-F district includes a small section of Chicago Heights. It's definitely one of the nicer parts of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs