U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2011, 02:51 PM

39 posts, read 76,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
I googled some images of Windsor Terrace. It looks a lot like the densest parts of Chicago, the north lakefront. Even the rest of Chicago is going to seem pretty suburban for you.

We're ok with surburban! We'd like more space and more green right now. Oak Park and Evanston sound good. You and chirack have given me a lot of great info. I think we'll be able to get our bearings now to prepare for our visit! Thank you both so much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:07 PM

2,343 posts, read 1,851,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight26 View Post
We're ok with surburban! We'd like more space and more green right now. Oak Park and Evanston sound good. You and chirack have given me a lot of great info. I think we'll be able to get our bearings now to prepare for our visit! Thank you both so much.
The only real issuse with evanston is the commute via car as there are no quick ways into evanston via car from downtown and our public transit starts shuting down after a certain point.

However if needed he can take the red line to the purple line(it runs till 1:00 am and then gets replaced by a bus). It just might be a long haul that way. The purple line runs express to the loop during rush hour only.

Evanston also has a metra line that runs till 12:30 at night.

Also parking downtown is expensive(can be 200ish a month but some lots have in by a certian time out by a certian time deals).

Last edited by chirack; 02-11-2011 at 03:16 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 05:22 PM

19,705 posts, read 14,109,534 times
Both Evanston and Oak Park are good places to start.

Other considerations include:

River Forest
Edgebrook/Sauganash/Forest Glen area, in NW Chicago
DePaul University/Sheffield area of Chicago ( Terrific commute)

Old 02-12-2011, 07:55 AM

4,094 posts, read 1,224,414 times
There are a few threads in the Chicago Forum that compare New York neighborhoods with Chicago neighborhoods.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
There are a few threads in the Chicago Forum that compare New York neighborhoods with Chicago neighborhoods.
Thank you! I will go searching for those. It would be nice to compare.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 PM

back for more,

does anyone know of any resources for finding a single family house for rent instead of apartments? online searches aren't bringing up too much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs