U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:28 PM

94 posts, read 340,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Im not a minority and I get pulled over 2-3 times a year for stupid crap. I get yanked FAR more than any of my Hispanic friends, especially in Wheaton. If you get pulled over, its for good reason, regardless of race.
Oh come on I'm not a minority but even i know thats horse crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 08:34 AM

531 posts, read 817,992 times
Des Plaines is very diverse and has pretty good schools

Old 07-25-2007, 08:28 PM

4,402 posts, read 10,044,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrik2714 View Post
So basically what you are saying is Latinos are going to bring these communities down? What difference does it make if they are here legally or not you shouldn't get pulled over for driving while black or mexican. Most Latinos are hard working and provide for their families. I think the most dangerous people in Naperville are the teenagers who were born with silver spoons in their mouths who get away with anything because their parents have money.
Yes,I think illegal mexicans bring a community down. Communities do better will law abiding citizens,,not law breaking illegals. And yes,It makes a big difference if one is legal or not. Illegals have soured people to latinos..I dont think this is news

Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM

19,437 posts, read 50,701,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Oh come on I'm not a minority but even i know thats horse crap
In the last five years: 3 exhaust tickets (2 Wheaton,1 St. Charles), 1 moving violation for not coming to a complete stop at a frickin stop sign (Wheaton), 1 ticket for having license plate lights out (Wasco), 1 ticket for squealing my tires (Oregon, IL), 1 warning for loud exhaust (West Chicago), 1 ticket for speeding (DeKalb/Sycamore area). Besides the speeding, tell me those arent rediculous. The licensce plate lights was understandable, but a lady in a Jeep backed into me in Geneva and knocked em out of operation. That wasnt my fault. And dont call me a liar, you dont know me. Im way past the age where I feel the need to lie.

I wont mention the speeding ticket in Oklahoma (7 over), WI (just cuz I had IL plates) and Arizona for following too closely.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 AM

Wow,Steve-o,,you need to start peddeling a bike

Old 07-26-2007, 11:10 AM

19,437 posts, read 50,701,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Wow,Steve-o,,you need to start peddeling a bike
I also forgot to mention when I got pulled over in my old truck in Wheaton for having bumpers that were too high. He also gave me a warning for not having mudflaps either, since my tires stuck out past my fenders. Seriously, cops have nothing better to do than harass me and my vehicles, just cuz they dont like em.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:41 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,150,355 times
Quote:
Yes,I think illegal mexicans bring a community down. Communities do better will law abiding citizens,,not law breaking illegals. And yes,It makes a big difference if one is legal or not. Illegals have soured people to latinos..I dont think this is news
That's too bad because unless you live in Winnetka, Lake Forest, Hinsdale, or another very high priced community, they're likely going to be moving to your neighborhood in the relatively near future, if they haven't already. Have these illegals soured you enough to boycott the services which their labor makes cheaper for you to buy? Such as restaurants, home remodeling or landscaping services?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
That's too bad because unless you live in Winnetka, Lake Forest, Hinsdale, or another very high priced community, they're likely going to be moving to your neighborhood in the relatively near future, if they haven't already. Have these illegals soured you enough to boycott the services which their labor makes cheaper for you to buy? Such as restaurants, home remodeling or landscaping services?
Yes I CERTAINLY have ,,and let the owners of the companys know why I turned down the service of a remodeler(chimney work) and Landscaper (dead tree removal) ----by the way..lest I be called a rasict,,my darling son in law is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico,,and my dad and grand da were LEGAL immigrants from Ireland and waited a long time,and paid taxes AND ALL THREE served our country in the military.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,150,355 times
Quote:
In the city,"Chophouse" second is "Gene & Georgetti",In the burbs( by me),,"five O'clock steakhouse" in Fox River Grove. I didnt care for Gibsons just because I paid about a thousand bucks for a steak(OK,slight exaggeration) and my steak arrived on a naked plate with not so much a sprig of parsley..I also will never go back to La Strada which opened in South Barrington,,the place is so sterile,cold and bland AND I was charged 1.50 for a glass of ice on the side when I ordered a cosmo..The waiter said "people in the suburbs dont realize thats whats done in the city" !! For the first time in ages,I gave a less then generous tip. I would disagree with the poster who said Chicago is not a steak town. I rarely eat meat,but a nite out for a steak dinner along with an excellent side dish and martini is a real treat
Apparently not the restaurants though. I don't mean to pick on you but we need to understand that all of Chicagoland is enjoying the fruits of illegal immigration. As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply. Unless we are prepared to completely boycott all businesses which use this labor (probably 99% of restaurants and the other businesses I cited), all of our rallying against illegal immigrants will always be somewhat hypocritical. IMHO of course.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM

125 posts, read 307,681 times
Quote:
The illegals have ruined many otherwise promising communities. As for driving, many have no license or insurance. Driving drunk or high, driving the wrong way on one-way streets, driving in reverse the length of a city block, holding drag races in the alleys, etc. And that is just driving. What about those who live 4 families to a house, hold mariachi parties with live bands in urban backyards, engage in dog-fighting etc? When will people understand that anyone who gets into this country illegally has no fear and/or respect of ANY law?

Many Latinos are angry as h--- about the illegal problem because they feel it reflects upon them. And it reflects upon communities. Decent, law-abiding Latinos run when the towns they live in "tip" too far with illegals.

Let's face it. Money is made with the use of illegals to the detriment of legal immigrants and American born competing against them in a constricting job market. Money is made by home security companies and car alarm purveyors, realtors selling homes as entire communities turn over because people are fleeing the onslaught, etc, etc.

What makes City-Data so important is that people can talk about these things freely and make the best decisions for themselves and their families. Whenever the police pull any of these jokers over, I'm thrilled.

And don't bother with claims of racism and anti-immigrant sentiment. I am married to an immigrant who has been a citizen for over 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs