Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 AM

36 posts, read 88,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysa View Post
HI svandoel, we are moving from DC too! We are trying to buy since we were able to sell here. Google maps has a street view of the home. It looks like very nice homes for as far as the eye can see.
Yes I know. I use google street view to walk around every place we are looking at

We can't wait to get back to Chicago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 AM

I guess that works for some people. We aren't really interested in that though It is convenient, but we already go to Dr Minkus with NorShore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I don't think there are any businesses that you could view from your window at that location. The nearest gas station is probably on Ridge Avenue or Chicago Avenue. Evanston has zoning. That's a residential area.

Btw, when I lived on Ridge Avenue near Central Street, I could see the professional doctors building from my window. It did not detract from the area. I liked being able to walk my kids across the street to their pediatrician. We could walk to Evanston Hospital too.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 AM

Thanks. Yes I do know that Asbury is not a tiny side street. I think it is two lanes both ways, with parking allowed on the outer lanes. The street isn't so busy that I wouldn't move there, though.

Thanks so much for your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecas29 View Post
That is a nice area. Keep in mind Asbury is well used thoroughfare that runs South to Chicago and North to Green Bay Rd. (another main artery). But after 7pm it quites down and would feel more like any neighborhood street. Ridge is East of Asbury and is where most of the traffic will be (in your immediate area).

Not a secluded out of the way area, but one that is right on a main road with easy access to the Dempster street shopping area and a 15-20min walk to downtown.

No establishments within eyeshot.

Good luck!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM

21 posts, read 73,952 times
It's a nice little area. The house is near the corner of a four way stop at Greenleaf and Asbury. There are a couple of little businesses one block west at Greenleaf and Wesley but they really blend in with the houses -- architects and artists.

There's a house on the corner across the street from 1109 that has been undergoing renovations for a few months, but it doesn't appear to be a big nuisance or source of noise.

Asbury is one lane each way with parking only on the east side from Main to Dempster.

If your kids will be going to Washington School, we think it's a great school.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by chiados; 04-28-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiados View Post
It's a nice little area. The house is near the corner of a four way stop at Greenleaf and Asbury. There are a couple of little businesses one block west at Greenleaf and Wesley but they really blend in with the houses -- architects and artists.

There's a house on the corner across the street from 1109 that has been undergoing renovations for a few months, but it doesn't appear to be a big nuisance or source of noise.

Asbury is one lane each way with parking only on the east side from Main to Dempster.

If your kids will be going to Washington School, we think it's a great school.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! We won't have kids in school the time we live there (2-3) years, but your comments are very helpful. It is a nice area.I vaguely remember it. I'm flying out Saturday to view a few places and this is top on the list--the house is SO cute!!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,912,956 times
It is a racially mixed area with a mostly white population to the north and east and a more varied (white and black) population to the south and west. North of Main Street (which you are), it is mostly large luxurious older homes. I love the area but everybody's different in terms of their desire for diversity.

I agree with the previous poster - the tiny arts district on Greenleaf a couple of blocks away is really sweet, almost one of a kind.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM

358 posts, read 846,933 times
Sorry, but no, 1109 is a bad astrological number. 11 corresponds to a black hole, while 09 was a punky qb. This all adds up to your home being sucked up into oblivion while a satanic monster wearing sunglasses and a headband laughs. I'd go with something in the 1200's or 1000's. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs