Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Yeah the only route out there is to go out 88 and then south or route 40 or ogden ave i think goes out that direction.
but they do need a better way to get to point b
The Prairie Parkway is supposed to help alleviate some of that traffic. But because of much NIMBY-ness, its future is in doubt. The Toll Authority will be holding public meetings regarding the expansion plans. It is important that those who favor new roads attned to voice support, so that the meetings are not held hostage by NIMBYS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,056,247 times
Prairie Parkway looks like a good plan, although I think they should extend it from I-88 to I-90, west of Elgin.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Now that the Tollway passed a capital plan, some will finally get built.
Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future (http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=133,2980078&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTA L - broken link)

Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Here is the lane closures starting tonight: 08252011 - Construction Alerts (http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=54,3005414&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL - broken link)

Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Now that the Tollway passed a capital plan, some will finally get built.
Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future (http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=133,2980078&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTA L - broken link)
The doofuses, didn't include funding for Rte 53 extension, even though:
  • many turned out to voice opinions for it
  • a resolution on a recent ballot overwhelmingly favored it
  • it's been proposed since the 60's
  • a right of way is in place
  • the state has purchased most of the land in the right of way
  • no plans for Rte 12, Rte 83 or other highways to handle increasing traffic
  • no plans for traffic relief in No. Cook county roads affected by Rte 53's abrupt end
As Beavis and Butthead would say, the Toll Authority planners are "Fartknockers"!

Really, how many more decades do we need to wait for this much needed and desired highway?!?!

Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,056,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
The doofuses, didn't include funding for Rte 53 extension, even though:
  • many turned out to voice opinions for it
  • a resolution on a recent ballot overwhelmingly favored it
  • it's been proposed since the 60's
  • a right of way is in place
  • the state has purchased most of the land in the right of way
  • no plans for Rte 12, Rte 83 or other highways to handle increasing traffic
  • no plans for traffic relief in No. Cook county roads affected by Rte 53's abrupt end
As Beavis and Butthead would say, the Toll Authority planners are "Fartknockers"!

Really, how many more decades do we need to wait for this much needed and desired highway?!?!
I'm so sick of this f-ing BS. Construction needs to start today.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:24 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
I'm so sick of this f-ing BS. Construction needs to start today.
I think there is money in there to study it. Of course it's been studied long enough to have several doctorates.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I think there is money in there to study it. Of course it's been studied long enough to have several doctorates.
Waste of money! ID(I)OT can share their report. All the Toll Authority should have to do is review it, tweak it and go for the permits to build. Spend the money on the environmental impact studies. Seems like a huge waste of money and typical Illinois pocket lining way of doing things. Can we get some highway folks from Texas up here? Now those guys know how to anticipate future growth and build a road to allow for future expansion when needed. They just "gitr done!!"

Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Hey Cubs sox fan , I was thinking of your posts when they jacked the toll increases

I think there was funding for the Illiana but why they did not include rt 53 is way beyond my reasoning

There was an article i dug out last week on one of the sites i will try to find it and post but it went deep into the thought process of the region
might have been on chicago metropolis 2020

Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Hey Cubs sox fan , I was thinking of your posts when they jacked the toll increases

I think there was funding for the Illiana but why they did not include rt 53 is way beyond my reasoning

There was an article i dug out last week on one of the sites i will try to find it and post but it went deep into the thought process of the region
might have been on chicago metropolis 2020
Yah, I smell a special interest "rat" the head of the authority who spoke against having IL 53 included (5-3 vote against adding it) must have close friends that object to Il 53 who live in Long Grove, Kildeer or Hawthorn Woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs