Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times

Advertisements

The first sentence in that post was supposed to be "North of Sauk Trail and south of Lincoln Highway on Cottage Grove"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 08:38 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,102,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
The first sentence in that post was supposed to be "North of Sauk Trail and south of Lincoln Highway on Cottage Grove"...
okay i was with you anyway but you know the area i am talking about
say your traveling south from joe orr on cottage- go past the ford plant
past the tracks that area just past the tracks south of the ford plant on the west i think is ch heights- then go south on c grove cross sauk trail
high school one of the blooms on the left
isnt bloom in sauk village.
that light on cottage grove before the school is where i think c heights and sauk village touch unless its steger

Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 5,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
okay i was with you anyway but you know the area i am talking about
say your traveling south from joe orr on cottage- go past the ford plant
past the tracks that area just past the tracks south of the ford plant on the west i think is ch heights- then go south on c grove cross sauk trail
high school one of the blooms on the left
isnt bloom in sauk village.
that light on cottage grove before the school is where i think c heights and sauk village touch unless its steger
Ok... Let me clear things up a bit. Bloom Trail is NOT in Sauk Village. Its in Chicago Heights. And Urza, yes kids from certain parts of Lynwood DO attend Bloom Trail. Long long ago, Lynwood, Sauk Village, South Chicago Heights, and Ford Heights were all once apart of Chicago Heights. I would say during the 50's and 60's is when those areas broke apart and became their own suburbs like they are now. So Bloom Trail is pretty much in an undeveloped section of Chicago Heights. That's why all of those towns have a Chicago Heights zip code.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM

Yes, Bloom Trail is in an undeveloped area of Chicago Heights. Although being on Sauk Trail, it just seems to be in South Chicago Heights. And yeah, as I said Sauk Village is a ways east of Cottage Grove / Bloom Trail.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 PM

247 posts, read 688,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Support your Schools,

Hey now, correcting people on the forum like a technical @sshole? That's my job! And I can tell you are more familiar with Lansing than I am. Maybe a lot more. I just haven't been around there too much. But I wouldn't need any directions on how to drive to Torrence Avenue or Ridge Road in Lansing either.

What? Where did you get the idea that Chicago Highes touches Indiana? I know Chicago Heights like the back of my hand. And not only does it not touch Indiana but Chicago Heights doesn't even touch another town that touches Indiana. If you're driving east on Route 30, you will pass through Chicago Heights then Ford Heights then Lynwood and THEN Dyer, Indiana. And speaking of which, if you head three towns west of Chicago Heights on Route 30 you roll into Frankfort - the west side of I-57. Three towns east of Chicago Heights is Indiana and three towns west of Chicago Heights is the southwest suburbs. Although it's a pretty quick and painless drive from Chicago Heights to Dyer, Indiana, I usually take I-57 coming Chicago Heights - not 394. It's not southeast, even if it is east of anywhere I've ever lived.

And btw, Bloom Trail only serves the far east side of Chicago Heights even if it's located in CHicago Heights. It serves the entire villages of Ford Heights, Sauk Village and Steger. Generally speaking, if you grew up in Chicago Heights and went to the public schools, you went to Bloom not Bloom Trail.

As for Crete, that's a different county so of course it's gonna be a different school district. But actually, no, ever single Cook County suburb that touches Indiana except for the one that is furthest south (Sauk Village) is in the same school district. Burnham, Cal City, Lansing and Lynwood all attenend TF north of TF south. Then there's Sauk Village and further south into Will County is Crete and Beecher...... And then further south of there is Momence. Gotta love the polluted but still beautiful Kankakee River.
Wow you've got me confused with all this. First, Chicago Heights does touch Indiana. That no-man's land area heading east on 30 after you pass through Ford Heights is Chicago Heights. Unincorporated Chicago Heights, but it's still the Heights on the map.

Secondly, I referenced Bloom Trail as the school that some of the Lynwood kids attend; I didn't say anything about the Heights.

Thirdly, Crete being in a different county has nothing to do with school districts. There are school districts that straddle counties.

And sorry, not trying to be a technical @sshole, but I couldn't let it slide

Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 PM

Support Your Schools,

That no man's land is either Ford Heigts or Lynwood - no Chicago Heights. Hence the Atlantasi strip club (the strip club in Ford Heights). And then there's still Lynwood on the other side - houses, trailers, bussinesses, etc.. In other words, even that no-mans-land doesnt touch Indiana. I'm on my phone and am gonna be heading back that way later tonight. You don't know what you're talking about. Why would there be a patch of Chicago Heights on the other side of ford Heights that doesnt even touch the rest of Chicago Heights?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 PM

There's still the Candlelight Trailer Park in sauk Village on the otther side of that no man's land. And that's not Chicago Heights any more than a forest preseve on the other side of an inner ring suburb is Chicago.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 PM

SupportYourSchools, please look at this link: http://www.city-data.com/city/Lynwood-Illinois.html

Scroll down and look at where the Lynwood village limits are. Notice it covers the part of route 30 that touches Indiana - not Chicago Heights.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,102,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Suburbanite View Post
Ok... Let me clear things up a bit. Bloom Trail is NOT in Sauk Village. Its in Chicago Heights. And Urza, yes kids from certain parts of Lynwood DO attend Bloom Trail. Long long ago, Lynwood, Sauk Village, South Chicago Heights, and Ford Heights were all once apart of Chicago Heights. I would say during the 50's and 60's is when those areas broke apart and became their own suburbs like they are now. So Bloom Trail is pretty much in an undeveloped section of Chicago Heights. That's why all of those towns have a Chicago Heights zip code.
Okay I see
Any way I looked up the address on the interenet and it is Chicago Heights, IL
Not Sauk Village like I always thought it was in the past.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Suburbanite View Post
Um, no. Only a very tiny portion of Lynwood attends Bloom Trail. Also, none of those towns were ever a part of Chicago Heights. Many places share zip codes, it doesn't mean they were ever the same community. Zip codes were only introduced in the mid 60's, well after these towns were incorporated.

Sauk Village was a well established community going back to the 19th century, though it was only incorporated in 1957.

Lynwood was a tiny collection of farms, incorporated two years later in 1959.

Ford Heights has the closest ties to Chicago Heights. It was developed as an unincorporated bedroom community in the 1920's. It was never a part of Chicago Heights, and incorporated as the separate city of East Chicago Heights in the late 1940's.

Encyclopedia of Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs