U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 PM

66 posts, read 111,285 times

Advertisements

That's my one concern. 750 gets me a decent apartment in the nice part of town here in the Atlanta area... not super high class or anything but a decent, clean, nice place in a good area. I doubt I'll find that there... Elgin is definitely a possibility and being close to work is a lot more important than being close to the city. Not that I don't want to be kind of in between because I do, but I'd go into the city 4-5 times a month. At most really. While I'd be going to work 5 days a week. Was considering South Elgin but the lack of a train into the city may be a deal breaker, I love taking the train to sporting events here and not having to drive in, pay for parking and fight with that before and after the game. Arlington Heights sounds like an idea, Roselle does too. Ideally... I'd like to be within 25 minutes of work. I'm only 10 minutes away here. But that's a bit negotiable for the right place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM

99 posts, read 249,513 times
BING147,

First of all, DTR rex doesn't have a clue.

I think I know where the Verizon office is located. There is a nice apartment complex just down Big Timber road about 2 miles to the west. Save some commute time (traffic is only getting worse in the Chicago metro area) and check it out. Lots to do in Elgin and towns nearby.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:04 AM

2,883 posts, read 3,846,317 times
In rush hour Arlington Hts and Roselle are probably a bit over your stated time preference, but I don't think by much. Roselle is pretty small town (I grew up there and my parents live there) and there doesn't seem to be all that much going on there, but you would be at least 20 minutes closer to the city on the train and also closer to Schaumburg and Arlington which have lots to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs