U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
 
Location: South Chicagoland
4,111 posts, read 7,380,475 times
Reputation: 2017

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
lol Hey what can I say Orland has a lot of retail. And since that Borders in Matteson is gone, everyone over east who wants to buy a book has to flock to Barnes & Nobles, which is pretty big. In fact, that whole mini mall section is massive, every store has two floors. The only disappointment, and ironic as it is, I have with Orland shopping area is there isn't an Fye or anything like it around. How is it that some of the clothing stores play music, yet there isn't music store to get the music in the vicinity.
FYE is actually a major chain store but since it's not Best Buy, it's about the closet thing to an "independent record store" that's still around. There are a few exceptions but this is still the modern age. If people DO buy CD's, they order them online or maybe buy them at a show. It sucks but what are you gonna do? I remember when there used to be Discount Records in Matteson!

Not EVERY store in that mini mall has two floors. The home decorating store (its name escapes me right now) doesn't. The Barnes And Noble cafe in Orland is nice - sitting and looking out the second story window. Unfortunately, you're just looking upon suburbia. It's not like the city or a prairie or something.. lol. I don't think the Khol's in Orland has any wider of a selection than the Kohls in Homewood even if it is two floors.

Last edited by urza216; 11-15-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 6,969,572 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
lol Hey what can I say Orland has a lot of retail. And since that Borders in Matteson is gone, everyone over east who wants to buy a book has to flock to Barnes & Nobles, which is pretty big. In fact, that whole mini mall section is massive, every store has two floors. The only disappointment, and ironic as it is, I have with Orland shopping area is there isn't an Fye or anything like it around. How is it that some of the clothing stores play music, yet there isn't music store to get the music in the vicinity.
they probably assume that everyone buys or downloads online. Music and movie rental stores are dying. Whens the last time you've seen a Hollywood video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Lake Arlington Heights, IL
5,481 posts, read 10,091,064 times
Reputation: 2784
OK, back to original question. How about Wheeling? Elementary district 23 and Wheeling HS offer good schools. http://www.city-data.com/city/Wheeling-Illinois.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,377 posts, read 7,070,339 times
Reputation: 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
they probably assume that everyone buys or downloads online. Music and movie rental stores are dying. Whens the last time you've seen a Hollywood video?
Now that you mention it, they are in low supply. I like Blockbuster better anyway, because Hollywood mostly consist of rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
 
Location: South Chicagoland
4,111 posts, read 7,380,475 times
Reputation: 2017
Default Observations about all the different Races at Orland Mall:

HAHAHAHA!!

Yes, he is talking about Orland Square. I know this guy and where he works.


It it racist? - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,242,721 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
OK, back to original question. How about Wheeling? Elementary district 23 and Wheeling HS offer good schools. http://www.city-data.com/city/Wheeling-Illinois.html
I wouldn't want to live in the part that goes to Wheeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Lake Arlington Heights, IL
5,481 posts, read 10,091,064 times
Reputation: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I wouldn't want to live in the part that goes to Wheeling.
Why?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,242,721 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Why?!
Wheeling high school?

You pay so much to live there, and you can still live in Wheeling and go to a better school and pay maybe a little more. If I lived in Wheeling I would want that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Lake Arlington Heights, IL
5,481 posts, read 10,091,064 times
Reputation: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Wheeling high school?

You pay so much to live there, and you can still live in Wheeling and go to a better school and pay maybe a little more. If I lived in Wheeling I would want that.
Are you saying Wheeling HS is a bad school? Why do you say that; where is your evidence? My evidence is that it is a good school. There is a very small section of Wheeling that goes to Buffalo Grove HS, otherwise it is all Wheeling HS- so the only other option is private school and the associated costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,242,721 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Are you saying Wheeling HS is a bad school? Why do you say that; where is your evidence? My evidence is that it is a good school. There is a very small section of Wheeling that goes to Buffalo Grove HS, otherwise it is all Wheeling HS- so the only other option is private school and the associated costs.
No, I wouldn't want a private school.

I'd rather have Wheeling high school than many others, but compared to the surrounding high schools, Wheeling is not as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top