Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 AM

7 posts, read 41,302 times

Advertisements

im in search of help, for my troubled teenage son. hes 13. hes into drugs, stealing, anger issues, and always ditches school. ive tried getting help through the school district. ha ha what a joke!!! weve tried counseling, but he runs off before the appointment. hes been in anger management and its the same thing, he runs off. ive looked into boarding schools, but they cost a fortune. could someone please lead me in the right direction!!!!! please!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
Do you know about Aunt Martha's? It is an organization that I support and does wonderful work. You might check to see if there is a location that would be convenient for you. I wish you all the best!
Community Based Services | Aunt Martha's

Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 PM

6 posts, read 29,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy35 View Post
im in search of help, for my troubled teenage son. hes 13. hes into drugs, stealing, anger issues, and always ditches school. ive tried getting help through the school district. ha ha what a joke!!! weve tried counseling, but he runs off before the appointment. hes been in anger management and its the same thing, he runs off. ive looked into boarding schools, but they cost a fortune. could someone please lead me in the right direction!!!!! please!!!!!
kimmy, my son is 13, and i have the same problems, except he won't get out of bed, but then i drive him to school. Luckily i leave for work after the bus. Do you see any behavior that leads you to beleive he still likes to tell you things, go to the store with you , ect.? wWe have to remember that we can still save them at 13. Something or someone can be makeing him like this . In my sons case , when he comes back from his dads he is very angry and impossable to live with. He is a little better when he is away a few days. His stepmom picks on him, and his father is very critical and kills his self esteem. I am remarried also, and he doesnt have the best relationship with my husband. I am always there to reassure him, though.It seems like when you are the only person in their life to praise them, give them love,ect. they crap on you the most! I really think a hobby is the answer! My son mentioned paintball. Fine! then i will see if a friend would be interested too and talk to the parent. It doesnt matter what they want to get into, if it is affordable ,ect among other things, i think it would be life changing. Does your son have a father or father figure? Most boys like to shoot hoops. I hope to hear from you!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM

i've tried aunt marthas. trust me, there isnt much i havent tried. thank you

Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM

its nice to know im not alone. i've tried hobbies, sports, etc. theres nothing he wants to do, except run off with his friends. he has a dad, but he puts everything off on me cause my son lives with me. well i hope to hear from you again. thank you

Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 PM

702 posts, read 2,522,797 times
Have you heard of or tried Outward Bound? More Philosophy

I feel for you. You are in a rough spot.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM

610 posts, read 2,728,354 times
What about the "big brother" program? Does your local health/county department offer any services?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:18 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy35 View Post
i've tried aunt marthas. trust me, there isnt much i havent tried. thank you

You're welcome. I hope things will work out positively for you.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM

216 posts, read 723,468 times
Alexian Brothers Guidance Center has a free evaluation called ACCESS. It is in Hoffman Estates. THey work with your insurance if you have insurance. They then have inpatient and outpatient programs for troubled teens.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:32 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
I don't know if you would be interested but thee is a military school in Mexico, Missouri that works wonders with out of control, rebellious boys. They live at school; have strict routine, learn discipline and respect. They turn out fine young men. And it is just far enough away that he doens't have any buddies and its too far to walk home.. The name is Mexico Military Academy. Here is the address: Military High Schools- Missouri Military Academy . It won't hurt to talk to them.

My friend Dave had a boy much like yours. He and his ex-wife were at their wits end. It took some doing, but the MMA turned the kid around. Dave said it was the best thing they ever did for him; couseloing was a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs