U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 AM

45 posts, read 112,267 times

Advertisements

I will be travelling in opposite direction i.e. towards Aurora in the morning and return in the evening.

When I look at schedules, I find that Fairview ave is inconvenient due to many trains donot stop there.

Therefore if I consider a house near Fairview, I have to drive to DG- Main even if it is less than two miles. I think it is the only option.

Does anybody know how is the parking availablity situation in DG-Main?

If bad like Naperville, then how efficient is public transport with DG to get to DG- Main?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 AM

28,384 posts, read 67,954,698 times
First off, the relative time savings in taking any train from Fairview to Aurora is pretty limited, especially if you are planning any kind of shuttle / Pace trip from the Aurora station to any employer. I would really question the total value of the expense in dollars and minutes...

That said, if you feel you must use Metra the relative ease of getting parking at either station is pretty good -- Fairview has lots of surface spaces and the Main Street crowd can get parking inn the woefully underutilized garages, though with the several block walk it may be less than ideal to fire up a car, drive under two miles and then schelp across downtown DG...

Which leads into Pace / DG shuttle service -- it is good to excellent BUT for those heading to the Loop. I know several people that rely on it, and none of them use it to get to the reverse com mite trains. I suppose it is possible, it just would require more coordination / watching the schedule...

Have you looked at the various routes into Aurora via surface streets? I think many parts of DG would be fairly quick to most anynpart of Aurora...
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs