U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:02 PM

43 posts, read 207,664 times

Advertisements

OP: Your suspicions are probably correct. Keep being vigilant. Don't let meatball libs like Aleking & Suburban Mom tell you otherwise. After all, it's the inaction of these kind of people that allow murderers like John Wilson Jr to kill kids in Indian Head Park.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM

43 posts, read 207,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Mom of 2 Kids View Post
Or is it now illegal, if you are black, and live on the North Shore, to congregate on a street corner in Kenilworth? Or travel into Kenilworth? Or maybe it's even "drive through" Kenilworth?

And even if they don't live anywhere near Kenilworth, when did it become illegal, if you are black to congregate on a street corner in Kenilworth?

Just asking, because I'm curious as to the thought process.....

If they yell "yo, grab the board" i believe it's competely acceptable to get nervous. Why don't you go down to the west side and hug all of them, show them your love and how much you care for them. I'm sure they would appreciate your utopian liberal fantasies.

Who said anything about "illegal" anyway? Any cop (or person with common sense) would tell you that it's ok to be a little vigilant when alone, in the dark, etc. Just because she mentioned the b word (black) you're suddenly up in arms.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 PM

60 posts, read 141,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberman View Post
If they yell "yo, grab the board" i believe it's competely acceptable to get nervous. Why don't you go down to the west side and hug all of them, show them your love and how much you care for them. I'm sure they would appreciate your utopian liberal fantasies.

Who said anything about "illegal" anyway? Any cop (or person with common sense) would tell you that it's ok to be a little vigilant when alone, in the dark, etc. Just because she mentioned the b word (black) you're suddenly up in arms.
Actually, if you are reading closely, the OP is a male, not a female.

I presume he thought the kids were doing something illegal, because he called the police. In general, people don't call the police unless they think there's something illegal happening. That's why police arrest you - becuase you are doing something illegal. Standing around on a street corner amongst a group of kids isn't illegal. Obviously, when the police arrived and saw a group of kids standing on a street corner in Kenilworth, they came to the right conclusion - there was nothing ILLEGAL going on, and left.

PS. used to live on the west side of the city (Oh, and before you go there, I am white). I'm not lacking in common sense, but I'm also not afraid of my shadow and 5 black kids hanging out on a corner in Kenilworth doesn't really get my dander up. It's ok to be viligant, and generally encouraged. It's not ok to be racist. There's a difference, and a lot of people who aren't completely comfortable with other races use the "liberal" argument against those who generally treat people equally and no different based on their skin color.

Why is it do you suppose the OP didn't call the police on the kids smoking pot he saw? Any ideas? I have a couple.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 4,982,580 times
So you have 5 teenagers wanting to hit you up.
Sorry but they probably could care less about your height.

Run with someone 2 adults would be more intimidating than one .

Rule number 1 dont put your self in harms way.

I to will ignore the racial tones with your post but it did seem a bit racial to me.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,116,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberman View Post
OP: Your suspicions are probably correct. Keep being vigilant. Don't let meatball libs like Aleking & Suburban Mom tell you otherwise. After all, it's the inaction of these kind of people that allow murderers like John Wilson Jr to kill kids in Indian Head Park.
Lifelong conservative....his post was flat out textbook racism and insulting.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM

438 posts, read 1,463,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5991619 View Post

Last night I was running and I was near Tower road in Winnetka. There were 5 kids hanging out on the trail. They were all black, which immediately raises suspicion since this area is basically all white. This isn't racist, it makes perfect sense. If a black guy or girl saw 5 white dudes chilling in the shadows wearing hoodies in Englewood, I'd hope they call the police. That is what I did - I called the cops to report suspicious activity. They sent some officers down but didn't see anything.
Haha! This is the best part of your thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or