U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 04:26 PM

7 posts, read 14,792 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to the Tinley Park Il. area and would like any advice as to the safest nieghborhoods. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,860,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtomtom View Post
I am considering a move to the Tinley Park Il. area and would like any advice as to the safest nieghborhoods. Thank you.
The whole place is safe.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:34 PM

1,895 posts, read 1,960,317 times
Except for those murders at the mall a couple of years ago.... sorry, just doing this to point out to some people around here that bad things happen everywhere.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:41 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,860,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
Except for those murders at the mall a couple of years ago.... sorry, just doing this to point out to some people around here that bad things happen everywhere.
Approved!

Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,952,617 times
TP is safe

Actually TP has been rated by a few of the major publications as one of the best places to live.

Granted you have to take the publications with a fair and balanced approach.

Bad neighborhood in Tinley ..... ??

I cant think of any.

The murders that took place now 4 years ago? have gone under the radar for a few years.

I cant remember the last time the news has even reported a development ,lead anything with this circumstance.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:43 AM

261 posts, read 252,329 times
I just remember the March 14, 1996 murders in Tinley Park where the son killed his mother and two of his sisters, very tragic event, I knew most of the family members and the one daughter that got killed. The other daughter that wasn't home when it happened, we had gone to school together.
Never did hear what the final verdict was on their son that committed the crimes.
But that was after I already had grown up and lived out of state, the entire 11 years I did live there never heard of any real problems more then your regular suburb neighborhood...

Last edited by ranosb; 07-22-2012 at 02:54 AM..

Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 AM

In recent months there was a savage attack on a group of people celebrating a wedding at a TP restaurant.

Pale in relation to what took place in Colorado but still unthinkable.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM

4,054 posts, read 4,380,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
In recent months there was a savage attack on a group of people celebrating a wedding at a TP restaurant.

Pale in relation to what took place in Colorado but still unthinkable.
Yeah, it was at an Irish restaurant. Apparently it was done by Anti-Racist Action group - and all of the attackers lived in Indiana. Anti-Racist Action read online that a group of white supremacists were meeting up every week at the restaurant. So they came into the restaurant with batons and started beating the snot out of random people. Unless you are talking about another attack that happened at another Tinley Park restaurant, I don't know what a wedding has to do with anything..

I remember posting on Facebook about it shortly after it happened. I'm looking for the Southtown Star story right now. Honestly, white supremacists have the right to free speech too. Everyone does. And it's ridiculous that the guys were just beating random customers - anyone that was at the establishment.

It was an older article that I read before. But here's an article with new details that came to light: http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/ne...macy-ties.html

Last edited by urza216; 07-22-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 AM

161 posts, read 200,884 times
You know why criminals choose to hit Tinley? Cause they know they can get away with it!!! TPPD are a bunch of clowns...

Old 07-24-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Yeah, it was at an Irish restaurant. Apparently it was done by Anti-Racist Action group - and all of the attackers lived in Indiana. Anti-Racist Action read online that a group of white supremacists were meeting up every week at the restaurant. So they came into the restaurant with batons and started beating the snot out of random people. Unless you are talking about another attack that happened at another Tinley Park restaurant, I don't know what a wedding has to do with anything..

I remember posting on Facebook about it shortly after it happened. I'm looking for the Southtown Star story right now. Honestly, white supremacists have the right to free speech too. Everyone does. And it's ridiculous that the guys were just beating random customers - anyone that was at the establishment.

It was an older article that I read before. But here's an article with new details that came to light: Attack victim claims no white supremacy ties - Southtown Star
Same attack I was talking about.
For one reason or another i was not aware the group of attackers were from Indiana

From what I recall it was a rehearsal dinner for a wedding party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs