Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM

356 posts, read 542,718 times

Advertisements

you need to be in Roger's park, wrigleyville, lincoln park, roscoe village --forget anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
This is alot of B.S. 1st of all, Midlane Estates is a subdivision IN the city limits of Waukegan. While there is no longer a movie theatre, there are MANY fine restaurants in Waukegan. It is a city that has its problems, but it also has many things going for it as well.

To the OP, it don't think Waukegan would be a good town for you and I understood that you were looking for areas north of Chicago, not North Chicago. Highland Park, Highwood, Deerfield, etc would probably offer more of what you are looking for. But, it is very expensive to live there.
first off waukegan is just like anyother city. some parts are good some are bad and to be 100% honest people in waukegan despite our differences can come together if necessary. we are not ghetto we are a town who struggles. so if you dont live in waukegan then dont judge us. Keeping it 100 like always.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:05 PM

93 posts, read 90,850 times
If your office is convenient to the metra, and schedule conducive to a train commute, IA with Evanston. Live near the train and, when you need to drive, it is manageable.

Certain north side neighborhoods may also work with metra, and others are close to the highway. But as far as driving, I wouldn't have any illusions about a reverse commute. IME, around here, there's no such thing.

If you need to have use of a car during the work day, or the office isn't convenient to the metra, I like PP's Highland Park suggestion. There will be some social life, and it's good location for both work & getting into the city.

My bias is to minimizing pain getting to the job--once you have your feet under you at work, and get to know the area it's easier to know whether you can swing a long commute.

OTOH I've known people, conscientious, and organized people (leave enough time, keep gas in the car, have socks to wear, etc...) do fine with long work commutes. If you might have a hard time motivating yourself to go out, and know you'll get yourself to the job come whatever, it might make sense to live in the city neighborhoods.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 AM

529 posts, read 647,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino4401 View Post
If your office is convenient to the metra, and schedule conducive to a train commute, IA with Evanston. Live near the train and, when you need to drive, it is manageable.

Certain north side neighborhoods may also work with metra, and others are close to the highway. But as far as driving, I wouldn't have any illusions about a reverse commute. IME, around here, there's no such thing.

If you need to have use of a car during the work day, or the office isn't convenient to the metra, I like PP's Highland Park suggestion. There will be some social life, and it's good location for both work & getting into the city.

My bias is to minimizing pain getting to the job--once you have your feet under you at work, and get to know the area it's easier to know whether you can swing a long commute.

OTOH I've known people, conscientious, and organized people (leave enough time, keep gas in the car, have socks to wear, etc...) do fine with long work commutes. If you might have a hard time motivating yourself to go out, and know you'll get yourself to the job come whatever, it might make sense to live in the city neighborhoods.
This thread is 9 years old, we are now talking about a 34 year old, probably married with kids person.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:12 PM

93 posts, read 90,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman7 View Post
This thread is 9 years old, we are now talking about a 34 year old, probably married with kids person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs