U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM

953 posts, read 761,004 times
There is no rainy season. Rain is sprinkled throughout the seasons.

If it keeps up like this, this will be the longest spring ever. Sometimes, we don't even have a spring. It just shifts from winter to summer in June.

Fall is the most beautiful season here. When spring happens, it is nice. For you, summer should be ok since it is certainly not hotter or more humid then Florida. So enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM

458 posts, read 318,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living that allowed you 2 cross country moves in 2 years?

Great. Vegas helped the "miserable wife" but you didn't help your "sad kids." LOL!

If you grow up as an "outdoor exerciser," meaning you get your exercise by playing sports, bicycling, running, and being active outside, then a move to Chicago will hurt you badly. No one other than the hardcore are doing anything outside from October to April, so your outdoor season shrinks considerably. If you're not the type to work out at a gym instead, watch out!
I'm in commercial finance. The move to Chicago was a transfer on company dime. Move to DC was a new employer who picked up the expense as well. 95% of my business has been in DC for the past several years, so it was a natural fit. I spent way too many hours sitting at OHare at 4:30 in the morning to fly to DC.

Kids weren't sad either, they had papa and nana to entertain them.

Unread 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM

269 posts, read 139,197 times
Is Chicago as rainy in the spring as the Northeast?

I know it rains more in NYC, Philly and Boston. I think.

Unread 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,418,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
Really you get used to it. I am a native so it does not bother me. I actually hate hot weather. Our best weather is April - Jun and late August - October although Nov. was nice this year. I like the fact that our weather changes. A day or two of overcast and then sunny. It changes things up.
Like they said on WGN we went from Fall to Spring this year.
Fine with me ......

Let s just hope it's an abnormally cool summer.

With you I love the changes it keeps things interesting and not so mundane.
Now the days are longer.

Seriously shoveled 2 times this year. That has to be a record and its fine by me.
Give a cool winter in the 30's and 40's every year.

Unread 03-09-2012, 07:55 AM

5,228 posts, read 5,351,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Like they said on WGN we went from Fall to Spring this year.
Fine with me ......

Let s just hope it's an abnormally cool summer.

With you I love the changes it keeps things interesting and not so mundane.
Now the days are longer.

Seriously shoveled 2 times this year. That has to be a record and its fine by me.
Give a cool winter in the 30's and 40's every year.
Not for me! How about an average summer. I hate the low 70's & upper 60's days because it's not as pleasant to go swimming. I say between 75 and 82 with low humanities

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,592,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Not for me! How about an average summer. I hate the low 70's & upper 60's days because it's not as pleasant to go swimming. I say between 75 and 82 with low humanities
Yes, I really hate high humanities when I am swimming too.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM

1,758 posts, read 1,636,891 times
oh the humanity!

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM

1,758 posts, read 1,636,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
If you grow up as an "outdoor exerciser," meaning you get your exercise by playing sports, bicycling, running, and being active outside, then a move to Chicago will hurt you badly. No one other than the hardcore are doing anything outside from October to April, so your outdoor season shrinks considerably.
Last year I decided for the first time to ride my bike to the train every day it wasn't snowing in the morning (only a 15 minute bike ride). I have found it really a pleasant diversion in the day and way more enjoyable than I expected. I never really considered myself hardcore, but people at work now think I am. It isn't as hardcore as one would think.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:19 AM

261 posts, read 123,141 times
If it requires a coat and extended time in temps below 55 degrees- its hardcore.

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM

5,228 posts, read 5,351,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitgirl View Post
Yes, I really hate high humanities when I am swimming too.
Ok, that IS funny; like you guys ALWAYS remember to run spell-check?
And I do get grumpier with high humanities when there are high humidities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs